- USA Only
- 8 applicants (100%)
Title: Security Engineer
Location: Remote – United States
About the opportunity
Contentful strives to build a secure and safe service and commits considerable effort and resources on security. Our IT Security team supports corporate-wide information security management programs and collaborates closely with internal teams. We believe that IT Security must be anchored by DevOps principles with strong repeatable processes.
We are looking for a committed and driven Security Engineer with experience integrating and automating disparate systems into a cohesive and comprehensive workflow. As a Security Engineer, you will be hands on designing, implementing, and maintaining vendor purchased and custom built solutions to meet security requirements. While building to achieve requirements, you will think broadly and plan for scale. You will author comprehensive security documentation and help to educate and train users in how to act with security in mind.
You will be expected to work independently, work as a part of a team, and partner with stakeholders throughout the organization to ensure comprehensive risk mitigation while reducing impact to end users throughout the organization.
What to expect?
- Use Python and development best practices to build custom utilities, frameworks, and automation tools to support a DevOps centric approach to Security processes and technology.
- Use Terraform to create and maintain AWS resources in a repeatable durable way
- Work with multiple stakeholders to define comprehensive functional, reporting, and compliance requirements for security tools and solutions.
- Evaluate vendor security tools and solutions to provide purchase recommendations that meet current and emerging requirements.
- Design, implement, and maintain security tools and solutions.
- Create, maintain, and conduct regular security awareness exercises and training.
- Conduct root cause analysis (RCA) exercises to diagnose and address fundamental issues.
- Work with business stakeholders to perform architecture reviews and threat modeling exercises to derive security requirements and safeguards.
- Document tooling, processes, and procedures to capture best practices and inform other team members.
What you need to be successful?
- 3+ years of security engineering experience; 1+ DevOps experience (inclusive.)
- Passion designing and performing hands-on implementation work.
- Capable of working independently but possesses a collaborative mindset.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, often juggling multiple projects.
- Proficiency in technology and security concepts (e.g., EDR, cryptography, identity and access management, networking, cloud architectures, containers, CI/CD systems, etc.)
- Strong hands-on experience with Windows, Mac, Linux.
- Familiar with concepts and services of AWS.
- Experience using Python to solve complex security problems
- Ability to write unit testing using Pytest or similar libraries
- Practical experiencing integrating multiple systems through APIs and parsing, normalizing, and integrating complex datasets between integrated systems.
- Experience using Terraform or other Infrastructure-as-Code tools to maintain integrity in cloud environments.
- Experience using Github and Github Actions to store code and perform CI/CD functionality.
What’s in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital product
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision care package covering 100% of monthly premiums for employees
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous combination of a flexible time off policy, volunteer time off and paid holidays
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Share and navigate the excitement of a new workplace with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Commuter benefits and monthly bill stipend
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub , structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
Everyone is welcome here is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.