Security Architect II
- USA Only
- 0 applicants (0%)
Security Architect II (remote)
job requisition id
Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative and collaborative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures. Join us and Apply today!
What you will be doing
This is a good fit for you if you are a mid to senior level Information Security or Cyber Security Professional. As an Information Security Architect II, you would hold an influential role. Your key responsibility would be to enhance the security of applications and systems. You would also play a pivotal role in reducing the likelihood of coding, design or configuration vulnerabilities affecting production environments, thereby mitigating potential security risks. Your responsibilities will include collaborating with business and technical resources, reviewing project documentation, and referencing security policy to offer recommendations and guidance. You will also have the authority to approve or reject project artifacts from a security perspective, ensuring the highest level of security for the organization’s systems, processes, and software applications. Responsibilities will include:
- Defining security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information security standards
- Providing consulting services and security support to internal business and technology customers
- Serving as the lead security liaison on assigned projects.
- Providing input and recommendations to the development teams related to architecture, design, coding practices and SDLC elements that could potentially impact the application or solution from a security perspective.
- Validating controls for Encryption, Access Control, Web Application Vulnerability Detection, OWASP top 10 and other common web application security parameters.
- Reviewing application architecture and design from an application security and information security perspective ensuring alignment with organization security standards and industry best practices.
- Serving as a subject matter expert (SME) for performing vendor risk assessments (including Cloud Services) to improve overall vendor risk program.
- Assisting with the development of secure coding standards
- Providing technical expertise on secure software development and support of all associated activities, processes, and tools for protecting technology-based information
- Ensuring that development is done in accordance with industry standards for secure development
- Facilitating Periodic static code analysis utilizing existing standard service offering.
- Facilitating dynamic and/or manual security testing utilizing existing standard service offering
- Reviewing, developing, testing, and implementing security plans, products, and control techniques
- Reviewing circumstances surrounding security gaps in and designs corrective actions
- Maintaining awareness of security and technology trends and shares that knowledge with others
- Evangelizing security policies, standards, and nonfunctional requirements where/when needed
- Daily and Weekly Status Reporting – for Work in Process and Planned and issues
- Documenting processes, procedures, assessment outputs, working papers documentation to support existing SDLC and governance requirements
- Representing security and IT risks among other company risk departments and committees.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of awareness and training programs and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Mentoring less-experienced team members and collaborating across Information Technology
What your background should look like
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field, or equivalent work experience
- Ten (10) – Fifteen (15) years of combined IT and security work experience with a broad range of exposure to systems analysis, application development, systems administration and over five years of experience designing and deploying security for Business products and services and Enterprise solutions at the enterprise level.
- Preferred Certification in one or more Information Security relevant areas such as Audit (CISA), Security Management (CISM), Security Professional (CISSP), Cloud Security (CCSP, CCSK, AZ500
- Requires in-depth knowledge of security issues, techniques and implications across all existing computer platforms.
- Experience with evaluating and implementing security controls as related to Cloud based services including SaaS, PaaS, IaaS.
- Strong computer skills to operate effectively with company systems and programs; working knowledge of applicable computer applications used at ABC
- Working knowledge of network solutions and systems
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and consistently meet deadlines
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to lead and provide direction to project/product teams
- Strong consultative skills: ability to interface effectively with technical and non-technical leaders.
- Understands Information Security as it relates to the business and other areas of IT; understands direct impacts and risks.
- Demonstrated sound understanding of at least 3 of the following control frameworks such as ISO 27001/27002, HITRUST, PCI, NIST, GDPR and PCI
- Business experience in a matrix Organization required
As of August 24, 2021, AmerisourceBergen requires all U.S. team members to be fully vaccinated and show proof of completed vaccine status at time of hire. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine due to a disability/medical reason or sincerely held religious belief you will be required to follow AmerisourceBergen’s policy and process to apply for an exemption/accommodation.
What AmerisourceBergen offers
We offer a competitive total rewards package which includes benefits and compensation. Our commitment to our eligible population of team members includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, affordable, diverse, and designed to meet the needs of our team members’ and their families. Some of these programs include paid time off including paid parental leave, access to retirement savings vehicles, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options, an employee stock purchase program, and other financial, health, and well-being focused benefits.
Because we take a balanced, global approach to our benefits, benefit offerings may vary by location, position, and/or business unit. Some benefits are company-paid, while others are available through team member contributions. For details visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen.
$93,500 – 143,990
*This Salary Range reflects a National Average for this job. The actual range may vary based on your locale. Ranges in Colorado/California/Washington State-specific locations may be up to 10% lower than the minimum salary range, and 12% higher than the maximum salary range. Affiliated Companies:
Affiliated Companies: AmerisourceBergen Services Corporation
Equal Employment Opportunity
AmerisourceBergen is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.
AmerisourceBergen is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities during the employment process which are consistent with legal requirements. If you wish to request an accommodation while seeking employment, please call 888.692.2272 or email [email protected]. We will make accommodation determinations on a request-by-request basis. Messages and emails regarding anything other than accommodations requests will not be returned