Salesforce Enterprise Architect
- USA Only
- 1 applicant
Title: Salesforce Enterprise Architect (work from home)
Location: Washington, DC, United States
The work location for this exciting opportunity is virtual. The selected candidate will work 100% remotely from home and can be located anywhere in the United States with a preference to work East Coast hours.
About the Job:
The Enterprise Architecture group exists to facilitate the alignment of enterprise capabilities with business strategies and drive efficiency and flexibility across the organization with consistent patterns, processes, and technologies. This position is a senior hands-on thought leadership position within IT that requires a mix of strong technical Salesforce platform skills as well as excellent communication skills to gain credibility and be seen as a trusted advisor and Salesforce thought leader by the executive leadership teams.
This individual will work with leaders and stakeholders across the organization to keep abreast of business strategy and recommend & drive direction on Salesforce platform based initiatives, keeping them in line with our future state and drive value beyond the standard scope of IT/ Technology.
The American Red Cross takes a pragmatic results-oriented approach to Enterprise Architecture and is seeking professionals that can contribute to growing an effective and pragmatic discipline with clear value to its stakeholders. The role requires someone who is adaptable and can span a spectrum of roles from the strategic to the tactical depending on the need of the moment.
What you will be doing:
- Working with leaders across the organization to understand business strategies, direction, and identify needs
- Ability to be hands on the Salesforce platform when needed and be able to function across the spectrum – from strategic and tactical
- Leading or participating in enterprise vendor, technology, and tool selection
- Develop working Salesforce technology solutions for reference and starting points for development teams
- Engaging with enterprise project and portfolio management processes to evaluate opportunities and provide guidance on initiatives
- Providing Salesforce subject matter expertise and assessments to business stakeholders
- Capturing, maintaining, and publishing business, information, and technical architecture artifacts
- Development of reference architectures, standards, and guidelines leveraged across the organization
- Development of target architectures and transition plans
- Facilitating complex design and technical discussions, reconciling differing opinions and driving the decision making process
- Presenting architectural decisions and proposals to stakeholders to explain how business strategy alignment is satisfied
- Collaborating with solution architects, IT leadership, and delivery teams to ensure alignment with target and reference architectures, provide guidance, solicit feedback, and identify enterprise IT needs
- Proposing the development of enterprise IT assets and services for use across business units
- Performing in a Salesforce solution architect capacity for large enterprise initiatives as and when needed
- Contributing to the growth and maturity of EA processes from a Salesforce standpoint as the discipline evolves
- Monitoring key EA and Salesforce technology trends and industry standards
- Act as a Salesforce technology guardian to promote sustainable solutions and discourage poor choices
- Provide Salesforce oversight, guidance, and contributions to help ensure project success
- Develop Salesforce best practice standards: design, coding, environment, data
Qualified candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. The American Red Cross does not sponsor employment visas.What we need from you:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent experience
- 10 + years of broad experience in the information technology with depth in sub-disciplines of business architecture, information architecture and application/technical architecture and breadth across all disciplines in a large global corporation.
- 8+ years Salesforce experience – Expert level understanding of the Salesforce product suite, including Service and Community Clouds (Customer and Partner)
- At least 5 years of experience as a Salesforce Architect for ‘large scale’ mission critical, multi-tenant, multi-tier enterprise systems.
- Preferred Salesforce Certifications: Salesforce Certified Technical Architect (CTA) and/or Salesforce Application Architect and/or Salesforce System Architect, Salesforce Service Cloud Consultant and Salesforce Community Cloud Consultant,
- Experience serving as the primary technical architect and lead for multiple critical corporate applications
- Exposure and project level experience with the following technologies/platforms: Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Azure cloud computing platforms, Salesforce platform across its various offerings (firm understanding of the underlying technology framework and tools)
- Strong experience with relational and SQL databases (Oracle, SQL Server etc.). Experience with NoSQL databases desired.
- Experience with Enterprise Architecture frameworks (TOGAF, Zachman, etc.) & Enterprise Architecture tools
- Strong understanding of data management technologies (MDM, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Data Science)
- Strong understanding of Integration technologies including ESB, iPaaS, API Management and Service Governance experience
- Experience with product evaluations and selection, buy-or-build
- Strong desire to keep up with emerging technologies such as RPA, Blockchain, Identity management
- Highly intelligent, conceptual, excellent judgment, and capable of analyzing business and management problems. Must possess the ability to arrive at sound and effective business solutions.
- Excellent communication skills; able to present a solid business case, form business partnerships, and frame issues for a wide variety of stakeholders including executive management.
- Background with Medical, Biomedical and/or DDA data processing systems and/or CRM systems would be a plus
- Strong knowledge of systems security, data protection, and data privacy.
- Adaptable to finding creative solutions for the American Red Cross Mission.
- Assertive and proactive, decisive and tenacious with political wisdom and discerning judgment. Must have a sense of humor.
- Able to work both autonomously and with appropriate collaboration among other team members and senior management across a matrixed organization.
What’s in it for you:
The annual salary range for this position is $165K – $175K. We do not offer an annual bonus for this role. Note that American Red Cross salaries are aligned to the specific geographic location in which the work is primarily performed. Other factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role.
*We will review specific salary information at the time of phone screening based upon your location & experience.*
We take care of you, while you take care of others. As a mission-based organization, we believe our team needs great support to do great work. Our comprehensive benefits help you in balancing home and work, retirement, getting healthy and more. With our resources and perks, you have amazing possibilities at the American Red Cross to advance and learn.
• Stay Healthy: Medical, Dental, Vision Plans
• Paid Family Leave: 12 weeks paid at 80%
• Relax with Time Away: PTO + Holidays
• Save for your Future: 401K with up to 4% Match
• Employee Assistance: 24/7 Mental Health Resources
• Disability and Insurance: Short + Long Term
• Service Awards and Recognition: 1 year + 5 year
• Career Development: Pay for Performance, Ongoing Education