Remote Senior DevOps Engineer
Senior DevOps Engineer
We are a national, innovative, high-growth software company devoted to K12 education administration. Our products beat the competition by focusing on all business operations of K12 schools, including both financial and school nutrition management. We have a deep understanding of K12 school systems and regulations, with a focus on providing creative, integrated and user-friendly solutions supported by excellent customer service. Our workforce is talented, loyal, dedicated and highly enthusiastic. This is a fantastic career opportunity for the right individual. Where else can you play beach volleyball and work for a leading tech company?
We offer challenging work in a team environment. We respect each other and collaborate for continuous improvement. We are the experts in our product lines and we anticipate the needs of our customers. Our customers say we work efficiently and always strive to provide the proper solution. We have achieved this by building relationships based upon: expertise, patience, attentiveness, clear positive communication, tenacity, and a calm presence.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer at LINQ, you will be a strong individual contributor to all DevOps functions and the processes by which with we perform continuous integration and continuous delivery of business critical applications. You will be responsible for working closely with Engineers and Architects to build and automate the deployment of software that fulfills business needs. You are capable of quickly learning new business domains as well as working in a team environment. You are passionate about delivering high quality, maintainable software to the business.
· Technical Excellence: A passion for creating cutting edge software through application of best engineering practices
· Continuous Improvement: A self-driven desire to find better ways to accomplish things
· Teamwork: A commitment to working as part of a team to achieve optimal results
KNOWLEDGE/ SKILL REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar engineering discipline
· 5+ years of experience in multi-disciplinary DevOp/DevSecOps Teams
· 5+ years of experience in SaaS operations and cloud engineering
· Deep experience with AWS & Azure core technologies (database and application servers, serverless deployments, monitoring tools, etc)
· Experience with the design, test and delivery a secure cloud runtime environments to support the full suite LINQ product stacks
· Maintain core application infrastructure that supports customer-facing environments
· Manage and own both production and non-production environments for use in application delivery, debugging, and testing
· Diagnose and correct issues related to health, reliability, and scale to address customer impacting issues
· Apply change management procedures to guarantee security and operational continuity of the environment
· Author and execute operating procedures and guidelines for the cloud environment
· Ensure that documentation of process and architecture are kept consistent with the delivered system to ensure auditability, scalability, and repeatability
· Participate in frequent internal facing engineering activities with product development, implementation, and IT
· Ensure SLA compliance for customer systems
· Ensure compliance with safe data handling procedures as defined by policy.
· Experience with Infrastructure as Code (ex. CloudFormation, Microsoft Resource Manager)
· Monitoring and Reporting (ex. Prometheus.io and Grafana, Datadog, New Relic, Stackify)
· Public Key Infrastructure design and management (TLS certificates, cloud certificate services, encryption key management)
· Generous 401K with matching 4% of base salary
· Eligible for performance-based bonus
· Health insurance paid 100% for employee; 80% for spouse/dependents
· Paid Time Off (PTO) Plan and paid holidays
· Company social events, happy hour, free snacks, professional development, paid volunteer time, on site massages, professional development opportunities
EOE STATEMENT: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.