Pre-Sales Solution Architect
Time zones: EST (UTC -5) CST (UTC -6) MST (UTC -7) PST (UTC -8) AKST (UTC -9) HST (UTC -10)
Bear Group is dedicated to building and supporting custom websites and ecommerce solutions. With technical expertise and high standards of integrity guiding us, we deliver high-quality results that exceed client expectations.
We’re looking for a motivated individual ready to roll up your sleeves and join our talented team of problem solvers. We put people first and understand that ample focus enables our team of developers and technical project managers to be experts in their craft. Work alongside some of the brightest in the industry in a rewarding and down-to-earth company culture. This is a place to thrive.
We’re looking for an experienced Solution Architect to work with the sales and marketing team during the pre-sales/bizdev phase of projects. As system integrators, we build and adapt our core platforms to suit a variety of client needs.
As our Pre-sales Solution Architect, you have strong process management skills, communicate both written and verbally effectively and display the ability to generate strong concepts and apply high-level critical thinking for clients.
Pre-Sales Solution Architect Responsibilities:
- Lead sections of initial calls with prospective clients, verbally discuss project purpose, and requirements, and brainstorm technical solutions on-the-fly.
- Write proposals along with high-level budgets, delivering a compelling build-plan to prospective clients.
- Work with Sr. technical team and front-end development when needed to validate the feasibility of new ideas and implementation time.
- Co-deliver proposals to clients, facilitating walk-through of proposed solutions.
- Facilitate handoff of framed-up work for the delivery team.
- Support active development, contributing to delivery team scope documents (often written in the first phase of a project).
- Participate in the annual sales planning process, and quarterly sales reporting.
- Working closely with sales manager to manage pipelines, brainstorm next steps at each stage, helping to facilitate closing of new business.
- BA/BS degree plus a minimum of 3 years of related work experience.
- Strong oral and writing skills, ability to present technical information in a manner our clients can understand.
- Ability to take high-level business requirements, and break those down into high-level technical solutions to meet clients' needs.
- Experience in business development required.
- Experience in commerce and content management systems required (ideally Drupal, Shopify & Adobe Commerce).
- Technical Inside Sales experience preferred
- We work with a wide variety of customers – must be friendly, an active listener, like meeting a lot of different types of people operating a variety of businesses (this needs to be your favorite part).
- Confident, trust builder, great general business acumen.
- Independence, enthusiasm, superb written communication, and organization skills.
- Preference for experience with client service environments, such as web development firms, technical support teams, interactive agencies, or graphic design firms
Working at Bear Group
In addition to competitive pay, we provide a range of benefits and resources to our employees, including:
- Salary - $75k to $95k
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- 3 weeks of PTO plus approximately 10 vacation days annually
- 401k with matching
- $1,500 annual education stipend
- Software and home equipment stipend for the tools that you prefer to use
To learn more about us, visit www.beargroup.com. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.