News Desk Reporter, Technology
- USA Only
News Desk Reporter, Tech (Temporary)
- United States
Forbes is growing its News Desk and looking for a generalist with a particular interest in the tech industry. The ideal candidate should be a news obsessive with the ability to think quickly and creatively off breaking news and emerging news trends. The challenge for the desk is to quickly distill big news events down to their essence in crystal-clear prose and with proper context for the Forbes Topline story format, adding supplemental reporting when possible. Top candidates will be close followers of the tech industry—Big Tech, consumer products and the most topical issues around both—who can spot news, and identify trends, early. This is a contract position—part-time and full-time possible—with the potential for full-time employment.
This position can be remote in the United States.
- Jump on breaking and major news stories that make sense for a general Forbes audience, quickly turning around articles with sharp, story-advancing approaches and angles.
- Identify fresh and interesting tech and innovation news stories that have not already been widely shared.
- Brainstorm original approaches off the news.
- Write multiple posts on any given topic every day.
- Clearly communicate across Forbes’ multiple editorial departments and contributors.
- Write accurate, lively and concise posts.
- Track down sources quickly for interviews when necessary.
- Strong headline writing skills, and comfort with any/all social media platforms.
- Strong interest in and basic knowledge of business news and financial coverage.
- 2+ years experience as a full-time writer or editor.
- Proven ability at writing quickly and accurately.
- Outstanding writing, grammar and editing abilities.
- An instinct and enthusiasm for identifying newsworthy, as well as shareable, stories that resonate with the target audience
- Understanding of the latest content trends and technologies, including content management systems like WordPress, Social Media and SEO best practices
Forbes believes in the power of entrepreneurial capitalism and uses it on various platforms to ignite the conversations that drive systemic change in business, culture and society. We celebrate success and are committed to using our megaphone to drive diversity, equity and inclusion. We are the world’s biggest business media brand and we consistently place in the top 20 of the most-popular sites in the United States, in good company with brands like Netflix, Apple and Google. In short, we have a big platform and we use it responsibly.
Forbes is an equal opportunity employer.