- 22 applicants
Title: IT Engineer
Location: Worldwide – Remote
About Trail of Bits
Trail of Bits helps secure the world’s most targeted organizations and products. We combine high-end security research with a real-world attacker mentality to reduce risk and fortify code.
As a cybersecurity research and consulting firm, our team has worked on some of the most innovative software projects millions of people use worldwide. We help the best companies in the world Epic Games, Google, Microsoft, Zoom, and others with their most complex security challenges by designing and building new technology, researching new techniques, and reviewing the security of the latest available products before they hit the market.
Our team considers developing and sharing our knowledge as a natural part of doing business. We push to publish every tool or project so the public not just our clients benefit from our expertise and innovations. It’s a practice that’s earned us industry accolades and helped contribute to our double-digit bottom-line growth.
As an IT Engineer I, you will be working on a team dedicated to providing the most reliable and secure IT services to Trail of Bits employees and customers without them noticing.
In this role, you’ll provide tech support to our employees (who are among the best talents in the security industry) while also working in close collaboration with our senior IT & DevOps engineers in designing, implementing, and operating critical infrastructure and services for our organization.
Our philosophy is simple:
- We believe in the philosophy that IT works best when it’s invisible, and our focus is on making technology seamless, efficient, and secure for everyone we work with.
- We either anticipate (by proactively reaching out to other teams) or immediately address the needs of our employees and clients, working proactively to provide solutions that support their goals.
- We prioritize the safety of our employees and the security of our clients’ data by enforcing robust policies, procedures, services, and infrastructure.
- We do what is best for the company, regardless of industry standards, and always prefer to build instead of buy (for core engineering/security components, or to address key business needs). This helps ensure that our clients and employees can rely on us to provide excellent service and support.
- Provide technical support to end-users (hardware/software troubleshooting and procurement, onboarding, etc.)
- Collaborate with senior IT and DevOps engineers to implement new solutions and enhancements in our systems and processes
- Perform routine maintenance of our systems to ensure they are up to date and secure. These include, but are not limited to, Google workspace, GitHub, Slack, Jamf, MDM, and cloud environments (GCP, Azure, Digital Ocean)
- Identify areas of improvement in our systems and processes through integrations, automations, and configuration fine-tuning
- Monitor systems and logs to ensure optimal performance and security, working in collaboration with our outsourced SOC (Expel) for security incidents/escalations
- Support security compliance efforts, such as SOC2, clients’ compliance questionnaires, and reviewing and improving our documentation (policies and processes)
- At least two years of experience in providing IT support in a similar environment (highly technical; direct experience in the security industry is a plus)
- Proficient in various operating systems, applications, and network protocols
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, and customer service skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to respond to IT requests promptly and effectively and troubleshoot remotely
- Able to monitor and maintain the IT systems and ensure their security and compliance
- Interest in improving DevOps skills to support the development and implementation of internal tools
Nice to have:
- A degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field is preferable but not required
- Able to provide user training and guidance on IT best practices
The US estimated base salary for this full-time W2 employee role is $65,000-$90,000 not including bonus and benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, location, and employment type. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by a variety of factors, include but not limited to work location, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
- Before, during and after COVID-19, our workforce works flexibly. Many employees choose to work from home around the globe. As long as you deliver against your goals, we encourage you to harness your personal working style to let you work best.
- Liberal expense policy for acquiring the equipment and software that help you do your job. If we need hardware to work effectively, we buy it.
- We offer exceptional and tailored technical, leadership and organizational training for our team members. Everyone is encouraged to identify additional opportunities for personal professional growth with working at Trail of Bits.
- We routinely highlight the amazing work our employees do via our blog, product offerings, and conference talks. We celebrate you!
- We’re at the forefront of a number of markets and have the internal expertise and the ambition to capitalize on those opportunities. Our employees see their work in use and valued by many others.
Highlighting some of our US & Canadian Full-Time Employee Benefits:
- Multiple generous health, vision, and dental insurance plans.
- Ancillary benefits including life and disability insurance.
- Retirement plan with 5% company matching.
- 4 months paid parental leave.
- Moving expenses to NY: $5,000 one-time.
- Charitable donations matching up to $2,000.
- One time $1,000 at home office expense stipend.
- $500/year personal learning & development budget.
- Executive coaching for managers & above.
- Bonuses for recruiting, public speaking, tool releases, blog posts, academic posters, proposals, and whitepapers, and end-of-year bonuses based on company, team, and personal performance.
- 20 days of PTO per year for vacation, sick, and personal time off.
- 15 company holidays per year.
- Carbon offsets for your personal and corporate carbon emissions through Project Wren.
Dedication to diversity, equity & inclusion
Trail of Bits is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace where our employees can thrive and be themselves! We welcome all persons into our community. We embrace the diversity of gender, gender identity or expression, race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical and mental disabilities, medical condition, genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, marital status, family care or medical leave status, military or veteran status, or perceived membership in any of these groups.