- USA Only
Omnivore is seeking an Infrastructure Engineer to join our growing team! This role will be responsible for the health and well-being of the production environment, implementation of new and existing components, and maintaining and modernizing the processes and methods used within our platform. They will be expected to interface with the rest of the operations, development and business teams, lead assigned projects, participate in peer mentoring and operate an always-on production environment.
Together, we’re pioneering a new era of restaurant experience and guest engagement such as ghost and virtual kitchen concepts, master menus across multiple locations and concepts, and immediately connecting restaurants with delivery service providers such as UberEats, Door Dash, Postmates, and others!
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Building and operating infrastructure systems and architecture using (including but not limited to) Terraform and Kubernetes on AWS
- Establishing and enforcing best practices around security, scalability, and service orientation with your team, and the software development teams
- Building and documenting frameworks within Terraform to enable software developers to innovate independently
- Maintaining and operating systems running on a variety of AWS constructs (EC2, ECS, Lambda, etc.) managed by a combination of chef and ansible
- Developing new infrastructure components and shared services, primarily in Go
- Streamlining CI/CD process and green/blue deployment techniques
- Optimizing resource usage to meet KPI targets
- Maintaining and evolving monitoring and notification systems
- Creating and sustaining documentation on new services, procedures, and requirements
- Participating in an on-call schedule established by your manager, and be ready and available while on-call to immediately diagnose and resolve incidents
- Engaging in the diagnosis and resolution of escalated critical emergency incidents
- Participating in security and compliance audits of systems and infrastructure
“MUST HAVES” TO EXCEL AT THIS ROLE
- Bachelor’s degree or self-taught individual with strong work experience
- Experience working with Terraform, 1+ years
- Experience operating Kuberentes environments, 1+ years
- Linux / Unix system administration skills, 3-5 years operations experience
- Practice with RabbitMQ, ElasticSearch and Redis
- Experience with monitoring and metrics systems (i.e. nagios, grafana)
- Comfortability with configuration management systems (i.e. Ansible, Chef)
- Solid scripting skills (i.e. shell scripts, Ruby, Python, Bash)
- Strong time and project management skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks
- Ease working with multiple cloud hosting providers, and extensive experience with AWS
“EXTRAS” THAT STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD
- Natural affinity for asking the right questions to determine the root of an issue
- Deductive mind with sharp ability to pinpoint opportunities for process improvements
- Passion to absorb ever changing new technologies
- Mindset to automate yourself out of a job!
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, Vision & Dental insurance
- 100% Company paid short-term and long-term disability
- Stock options
- Bonus plan
- Company paid holidays
- Unlimited PTO
Omnivore is a fast-paced, growing, and distributed startup focused on providing the best restaurant development platform in the world! We provide a connectivity platform that allows app developers to interact with restaurant POS systems through a simple and consistent REST API. Whether it’s for table reservations, menus, online orders, or payments, our API is the backbone of a growing community of apps, restaurants, and point-of-sale vendors that are revolutionizing the dining experience!
We hire for culture, passion, and the ability to learn quickly above specific experience or previous knowledge. If you're interested in making your next career move with a company on the cutting edge of restaurant technology, check out our current openings. If you're an energetic self starter, we are looking for you!
Omnivore is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. www.omnivore.io (800) 293-4058 Omnivore Technologies, Inc.