Bitso is Latin America’s leading cryptocurrency platform. Our goal is to evolve how we think about and use money. We believe that we should all have the opportunity to use our money whenever we want it, and how we want it, without boundaries or schedules. To achieve this, we provide individuals with fast, cheap, seamless and user-friendly financial services powered by blockchain technology. Cryptocurrencies do not rely on intermediaries to give them legitimacy or value. Instead, they are valuable because of the peer-to- peer technology that powers them. We firmly believe in crypto and the use cases it has. It’s time for the world to upgrade to a fair, open, transparent, and global financial system for all. #makecryptouseful.
Visit us at https://bitso.com/
About the team:
Incident Management teams manage the lifecycle of all the Incidents (unplanned interruptions or degradation in services). The primary objective of the Incident Management team is to restore the impacted services as quickly as possible.
- Experience handling escalations, incidents, and production issues.
- ITIL Knowledge
- Experience writing and reading codes.
- Experience working with AWS.
- Experience working in Engineering organizations and implementing new processes.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and ability to negotiate with different stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work within tight time frames.
- Flexibility to work on issues.
- Problem-solving abilities and agility to learn new technologies in a quick manner.
- Understanding on redis and aurora postgres databases.
- Understanding of Incident response framework.
- English language proficiency.
- This position expected to be in Eastern Europe time zone
Additionally, it would be nice if you:
- Have an ITIL certification.
- Have an AWS certification.
- Identify, categorize and coordinate the resolution of Incidents in order to restore failed service as quickly as possible.
- Assign all unresolved Incidents to appropriate stakeholders and negotiate the Priority.
- Keep all stakeholders informed about Incident status at agreed intervals.
- Associate Incidents with other records (i.e, Incidents, Knowledge articles, Known Errors, etc.)
- Verify resolution with Engineering or other stakeholders and resolve Incidents in ITSM tool.
- Escalate major incidents to Incident Manager/Engineering/Stakeholders and coordinate war-room.
- Coordinate post-mortem and the entire learning process derived from the Incident management to prevent future Incidents and improve our overall infrastructure, code base and processes.
- Escalate Incidents at risk of breaching Service Level Agreement to stakeholders.
- Be accountable for all phases of the Incident management process, coordinating with all relevant areas during an Incident.
- Ensure transparency and communication during all the phases of an Incident.
Potential “to succeed in this role you’ll need”
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- English language proficiency.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Purpose: You’ll be part of something bigger, working towards financial disruption and inclusion across Latin America
- Culture : You’ll work in a thriving, friendly, and fun environment that promotes open discussions, jokes, learning, video games, and lots of fun.
- People: You’ll work with some of the most driven and intelligent people in the crypto space, engaging with a network of diverse talent from 25+ nationalities bound by our quest to #makecryptouseful
- Salary: We pay very competitively in the countries where we operate, based on sophisticated high-tech markets
- Venue: Work from wherever you want, work asynchronously; this role is fully remote to give you maximum freedom
- Performance Bonus: Your hard work will be rewarded with an attractive bonus plan.
- Unlimited Paid Time-Off: You chose your number of days off. Recharge batteries and enjoy who you are outside de office
As you move on to the final stage of our talent attraction journey, we will ask you to please complete our background check process.*
This role is expected to work remotely.
*this is a requirement for our company for all positions all levels