DevOps/ Site Reliability Engineer
At Reify Health, we are building a more creative healthcare system. We envision a world where every potential therapy, if safe and effective, is available to the patients who can benefit.
Our healthcare system relies on clinical trials to develop new, potentially life-saving treatments for patients. But clinical trials continue to be slow, unpredictable, and expensive. Reify Health’s product helps both the research leaders driving forward clinical trials and the doctors and nurses who care for the patient participants. As we continue scaling the adoption of our product, we accelerate world-class clinical research and unlock innovation.
You are an energetic person with a passion to learn and can quickly and effectively take those learnings and apply them to their work. You prescribe to the DRY principle and have strong technical chops with an eye towards automation. You shine as a collaborator and excel as an individual contributor. A majority of our engineers work remotely. You are comfortable with working remotely and thrive in the balance it offers to pursue your personal passions.
Integral to the Engineering team, an SRE is a pivotal and growth driven role. They are at the intersection of operations and development. They use their software development craft to build a global operation to ensure our customers achieve their mission. Their performance will set the direction of their desired growth trajectory. As a fast-growing organization, we expect every engineer to put their fingerprint on what we do and how we do it.
Our culture values every voice. What binds us is our commitment to make a long-lasting impact on quality of life.
What You'll Be Working On:
- Work with the development team in the design and construction of software.
- Design, create and maintain cloud infrastructure on Amazon Web Services.
- Development automation, processes and tools with an eye towards availability, latency, performance and capacity.
- Provide an application security and compliance lens on designs and code reviews.
- Support a running production environment and aid Product Owners in responding to customer facing issue
- Develop and enhance tools to improve observability of the events of our sub-systems (as championed by Charity Majors)
What You Bring to Reify Health:
- Strong development skills in any modern programming language.
- Knowledge of network architecture and internet security best practices
- Skilled at containerizing applications with Docker or similar technology
- Ability to create, manage, and deploy infrastructure-as-code using Terraform or CloudFormation
- Ability to deploy, configure, and utilize monitoring and tracing services, such as New Relic and Datadog
- Skilled at communicating technical concepts to peers and non-technical persons respectfully and clearly
- Ability to troubleshoot performance problems and system outages.
- Strong knowledge of Linux based operating systems
- Skilled at implementing secure, public facing AWS Cloud based systems.
- Ability to configure and manage AWS services such as CloudFront, IAM, Route 53, S3, RDS, et a
- Experience with regulatory regimes such as HIPAA and GDPR
- Experience implementing security controls for AWS environments, including setup and management of authentication controls, VPN’s, KMS, etc
- Experience operating and querying an ELK stack or similar solution
- Knowledge of functional programming languages and philosophy (or existing Clojure chops!)
- Experience in a startup environment, or as a fully remote employee - we use Slack and Zoom extensively, and our team is largely comprised of remoters
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Salary and Stock Options Salary and stock options commensurate to your experience and expertise
- Remote First Our workforce is geographically distributed so that we are attractive to a broader population of candidates
- Flexible Hours Plan your workday as you wish, just give us the majority of your core, creative hours that coincide with that of your team
- Comprehensive Health/Wellness Coverage 100% premium coverage for you (and >50% for your dependents) for: Top-tier health plan (with option of HSA), Dental, Vision, Disability (short-term and long-term), Life insurance (for your entire tenure at Reify), 24/7 access to doctor by phone or online via telemedicine coverage
- Retirement Plan 401(k) plan with employer matching program
- Company-provided Workstation You will be issued a brand new MacBook Pro laptop
- Location Convenience & Transportation For employees who are local to Boston, and want to visit the office, we are located two blocks from Downtown Crossing. Free monthly T pass. Full suite of office accommodations provided by WeWork: unlimited coffee, infused water, and more
- Vacation and Holiday Flexibility Generous paid time-off policy that accrues with your tenure at Reify which includes holiday flexibility and parental leave