- USA Only
*This is a remote role*
About The Role:
At Facet Wealth, we put the client above all else. As a DevOps Engineer at Facet Wealth, you will work with our Engineering & Product teams, playing a critical role in developing world class commercial software used by our lead planners & clients. Our goals are focused on developing a product to improve the financial lives of millions.
A successful candidate should have experience in solving CI/CD problems and have experience with AWS. Additionally, candidates should be interested in learning new languages, technology stacks, tackling large and complex problems, and have the ability to work both independently and in a peer programming environment.
Tremendous growth potential exists at Facet - your growth opportunities are virtually unlimited. We are truly passionate about helping realize our team members' potential through active mentorship. We value drive, ownership, and commitment as we grow our company.
A day in the life of an Engineer:
- Develop fully automated pipelines for Golang servers and React web applications deployed to AWS
- Build automations to increase the efficiency and productivity of the engineering team
- Estimate tickets in a ScrumBan process
- Commit code constantly to Git/Bitbucket in a mainline development environment
- Write all the tests. Frustrated about never having time for tests? Not at Facet
- Pair program with other developers as desired
- Participate in daily standups
- Participate in weekly "Tech Stack Tuesdays" to learn new development skills and techniques
- Participate in bi-weekly "Fast Fridays" focused on performance improvements in the app
- Participate in in quarterly 3 day Hackathons and win fun prizes
- Constant learning and personal growth
Job Specific Requirements:
- Excited about learning new skills and working in a startup environment where change is normal
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience as a dev ops engineer
- Build and maintain CI/CD pipelines for testing and releasing configuration and web applications and servers
- Automate tasks and develop tools to increase engineering efficiency
- Experience with AWS: ECS, EC2, RDS, S3
- Experience with infrastructure as code
- Experience with Git
- Experience with Docker
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Bitbucket pipelines
- Experience with Terraform
- Experience with AWS: ALBs
- Go experience, specifically building CLIs with Golang.
- Experience with automated testing (unit, integration, regression, performance)
- Relational databases experience, MySQL is preferred
- Experience with The Clean Architecture
- Experience with frontend toolchains such as Webpack
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive yearly salary (salary to be determined by the experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, as well as alignment with market data)
- Unlimited PTO
- All the benefits: medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with employer match, short and long term disability coverage (paid by Facet), life insurance options and paid maternity and paternity leave
- Certification reimbursement program
- Work from anywhere in the US
Why Working At Facet Wealth Is Awesome:
Our mission is to empower people to live more enriched lives by delivering a new standard of financial advice. We're here to deliver amazing client experiences by making financial planning as it should be. No matter the role at Facet, we are all 100% committed to excellence in service of our clients. Every single member of our team is an active participant in helping to improve and evolve our business.
We believe in creating a safe space for open and honest conversations, being inclusive of all communities, and ensuring Facet is a place where everyone's voice can be heard. At Facet Wealth, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our clients and employees.