- USA Only
Title: Database Engineer
Location: Austin, TX or Remote
WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 100,000 businesses, including 67% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
We are looking for someone to focus on developing robust software to automate routine tasks, infrastructure management, and propagation of database changes to hundreds of MySQL instances in a Linux environment. You will be responsible for designing, implementing, and testing mission critical software in collaboration with engineers across various teams to provide enterprise grade capabilities for Box’s data infrastructure.
That Database Operations group is a close-knit and diverse team that regularly pushes the boundaries of our data infrastructure and continually drives improvements to the resiliency of Box’s database platforms. As a Database Engineer, we expect you to bring new and innovative solutions for classic infrastructure challenges, partner closely with your fellow database engineers, and improve our overall database management capabilities!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop software and tools to automate and improve routine infrastructure management changes
- Improve performance of database infrastructure and infrastructure management tools through configuration tuning, query optimization, and software optimizations
- Leverage existing industry and internal tools to manage, debug, and scale MySQL database infrastructure
- Troubleshoot complex issues in a sharded database environment and dive into MySQL and Linux internals
- Work as part of a multi-functional engineering team and enable yourself and others to build new features and software to grow our business
- GCP Cloud Knowledge (ADD)
WHO YOU ARE
- 3+ years of professional software development and production operations experience
- Experience designing, building, and deploying high quality software with test frameworks and CI/CD
- You have automated routine work with software written in Python, Java, Go, and more
- You are excited to troubleshoot issues spanning hundreds of databases and want to dive into the internals of MySQL and Linux to resolve complex problems
- You’ve worked in cross-functional engineering teams and have an eye for enabling others’ success in building new features and software to grow our business
- Any Public Cloud Exp (GCP prefer)
- Visit this webpage to check out all of our exciting benefits: https://join.collectivehealth.com/box
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, and any other protected ground of discrimination under applicable human rights legislation. Box strives to respect the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and is committed to giving them the same opportunity to succeed as all other employees. Accommodations are available throughout the application process and an employee’s employment at Box.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
To promote the health and safety of all Boxers and our communities, in order to “Go to Work” at Box in the U.S., you must be Fully Vaccinated or have an approved accommodation. “Go(ing) to Work” at Box is defined as visiting a Box office, facility, or co-working site, visiting or meeting in person with fellow Boxers, Box clients and/or customers, vendors, or partners, engaging in business travel, and or participating in any Box-sponsored and/or related activity where others are present. If you are fully remote and do not “Go to Work, the vaccination requirement is not applicable. “Fully Vaccinated” means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. If you are unable to get a vaccine due to a medical condition, a sincerely-held religious belief or another legally recognized reason, Box will consider requests for an accommodation.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our Personnel Privacy Notice.