- USA Only
Time zones: EST (UTC -5) CST (UTC -6) MST (UTC -7) PST (UTC -8) AKST (UTC -9) HST (UTC -10)
Place Inc, a nation wide real estate company, is looking for a database administrator engineer to join our platform team.
We're a company that uses the latest technologies to help real estate professionals offer value to their customers that's above and beyond the rest!
Some recent info about our latest funding:
Some key points about the culture of our team here:
We value automation. That means we don't use hard deadlines. We take the extra time to do things right.
We're not big on meetings. That means we have great communication and patient self-driven attitudes.
🤓 We have a passion for open source. That means we're curious self-learners who dive deep into code repos.
We care about everything we do. That means we like to take ownership and have attention to detail.
🏂🏻 We value a daily work + life balance.
We've built a pretty special work environment for the engineering team that's rare to find at other companies. If this culture and these values resonate with you, please apply!
We're a remote first company, but you get bonus points if you live in Colorado.
The Role: This is not a traditional DBA role with responsibilities like query optimization, index creation, and other similar work. It is a modern role with a focus on mainly monitoring, securing, and configuring multiple database types.
• Improve the monitoring and alerting of our databases
• Manage the processes we use to provision review ("development") databases
• Ensure our databases have any available autoscaling enabled
• Manage the processes we use for back ups and disaster recovery
• Manage user access to our databases
• Help the developers with any database questions or needs that may arise
• Share on on-call duties as needed
Experience: • Experience with at least one RDBMS (Postgresql preferred)
• Experience with at least one non-RDBMS / NoSQL
• Experience with database monitoring tools
• Strong shell scripting skills
• Kubernetes basics
• Certified Kubernetes Administrator
• AWS Certified Solutions Architect
Benefits: • Health, dental, and vision insurance
• Voluntary life insurance
• Paid maternity/paternity leave
• Unlimited PTO
• Sick leave as needed
• 401(k) plan
More About The Company
The Process We have very little bureaucracy here and we value people's time. That means our application process is quick and to the point:
• Resume review
• 30 min. intro phone review with the Directory of DevOps
• 30-60 min. "tech" interview (no coding, just some questions with short answers)
• Meet the CTO