Backend Software Engineer, DevOps
Our DevOps team is a key part of building Avature, as they are responsible for creating the environments and tools used by our developers. As Backend Software Engineer, you’ll play a key role in these tasks, while also ensuring clear communication between our IT and development areas, enabling multiple teams to collaborate toward a common goal
Your challenges and objectives:
- Provide the environments where Avature's applications run.
- Manage the deployment and configuration of those applications.
- Ensure fluent communication between the Development and IT areas.
- Envision integrations between different internal systems.
- Program complex operations to scale in distributed datacenters around the world.
Your day-to-day activities:
- Develop system tools to automate environment creation and deployments.
- Manage and design our configuration management platform.
- Interact with different virtualization platforms: AWS, KVM, LXD, Docker.
- Design and maintain our continuous integration platform.
- Promote best practices in deployments and infrastructure management among various teams.
- Build continuous testing by automation and virtualization.
- Design and develop highly distributed systems.
- Perform code reviews, technical analysis of existing code, and refactors to improve code quality.
- Work experience in software development.
- Superior analytical/troubleshooting skills.
- Solid background in operating systems concepts.
- Fluency in any structured programming language (preferably Python).
- Knowledge (or willingness to learn) infrastructure management technologies (Puppet, Packer, Terraform, LXD, AWS, KVM, Docker, etc.)
- Experience in product as a service operation is a plus.
- Open source experience or contribution to any Linux/Unix distribution is a plus.
- A fast-paced, energetic, and engaging environment.
- Flexible hours.
- Competitive salary, with one review a year.
- Four days a year to attend events related to professional development.
Due to COVID 19, all Avaturians are working from home for the moment. More information will be provided during the interview process.