Staff Frontend Engineer, Dynamic Data
- 3 applicants (8%)
Title:Staff Frontend Engineer, Dynamic Data
Location: San Francisco HQ, US Remote , or ON/BC, Canada
Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web.
We’re looking for a Staff Frontend Engineer to help us provide the data capabilities to build, launch, and grow any data-driven website, store, or application where visitors will consume or interact with dynamic content.
About the role
- Location: San Francisco HQ, US Remote, or ON/BC, Canada
- Our cash compensation amount for this role ranges from $151,000 – $208,000 for most US locations and $168,000 – $231,000 for US locations with a higher cost of labor. All figures cited above are in $USD and pertain to workers located in the United States. Pay is based on several factors including market location, and may vary depending on job related experience, knowledge, qualifications, and skills.
As Staff Frontend Engineer, you’ll:
- Write performant and accessible UI components (React) that power visual design experiences and websites (check out CSS Grid, E-commerce, Interactions, and more!)
- Develop a deep understanding of our architecture and codebase while also learning about our product and the customers that use it
- Collaborate with software engineers, product managers, designers and QA analysts in an autonomous, supportive team environment
- Build and maintain unit and integration tests (Mocha, Jest, Cypress)
- Mentor other engineers on best practices, code design considerations, and quality
That said, these responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you and shape your role accordingly.
You’ll thrive in this role if you:
- Have 7 -10+ years of experience in scalable, multi-tenant environments that drive rich front-end experiences.
- Have 2+ years experience in tech leading teams, including helping scope and breakdown work.
- Have developed a scalable SaaS product or service that builds customer trust through accessible and reliable user experiences
- Value testing and documentation as much as you do code
- Are comfortable with ambiguity and scoping solutions with your teammates
- Have consistently communicated trade offs throughout a project to meet both technical and business requirements
- Believe the best product is the one that helps users accomplish their goals while growing the business
- Get excited about encouraging and developing earlier-career engineers
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
At Webflow, we believe that what we’re doing doesn’t define our success — so we focus on our why and how :
Bring development superpowers to everyone.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- Obsess over customer experience
- Move with heartfelt urgency
- Say the hard thing with care
- Make your mark
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits, a monthly stipend for lifestyle and wellness expenses, a mental health benefit, and financial and legal benefits
- We offer flexible parental leave and a family/fertility benefit with up to $10,000 reimbursement on eligible expenses
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Staff Frontend Engineer and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to review your application! We promise we do take the time and care to review every application we receive. However, as much as we wish we could interview everyone who submits an application, we cannot guarantee an interview or feedback due to the unprecedented volume of applications we are receiving today. We are rooting for you, and hope you do consider applying.
Note: To join Webflow, you’ll need valid U.S. or Canadian work authorization depending on the country of employment.
If you are extended an offer, that offer may be contingent upon your successful completion of a background check, which will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws. We may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes.
Webflow requires all new employees to submit their COVID-19 vaccination status as a condition of their employment. As such, your failure to timely provide such information, upon Webflow’s request, may result in the revocation of your offer or the termination of your employment with Webflow, as applicable.
At this time, Webflow does not permit employees who are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19to work out of any Webflow office, visit an office, or attend any in person work events, including company off-sites, company sponsored social gatherings, and meetings. We will only consider individuals who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for roles which require any in person work. If, due to the nature of your role, you are at any time required to work in person, but you are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to applicable regulations, your employment may be terminated.
We are committed to maintaining a safe and inclusive workplace, and our vaccination policy will evolve in response to the changing risks and regulations associated with COVID-19.