Senior Research Data Scientist
- 8 applicants (12%)
Senior Research Data Scientist
Remote – Global
Founded in 2017, Coalition combines cybersecurity and insurance to help organizations prevent digital risk before it strikes. Coalition’s Active Insurance policies combine traditional coverage with a digital risk assessment and monitoring technology to help small and medium-sized businesses protect themselves in today’s hyper-connected world.
The team at Coalition is made up of cybersecurity and technology experts, as well insurance industry veterans. Our secret sauce is bringing this expertise together to create a world-class organization with a massive technological advantage. Coalition is also backed by leading global insurers like Allianz, Arch Insurance, Lloyd’s of London, Swiss Re and Zurich North America. Today, Coalition is one of the world’s largest commercial insurtech serving over 160,000 customers.
In June 2022, Coalition closed an additional $250 million in Series F Funding to accelerate its rapid growth at a time when many other companies struggled to find funding. This latest funding validated that Coalition is building a long-term business that can deliver profitable growth with a clear strategic advantage.
Coalition has experienced tremendous growth by helping organizations of all sizes solve real-world problems and by remaining true to our founding values of character, humility, responsibility, purpose, authenticity and inclusion. We are proud to have been named among Inc.’s Best Workplaces of 2021 and one of Fast Company’s most innovative companies for 2022.
About the role
As Senior Research Data Scientist at Coalition you will be responsible for measuring, understanding, and helping optimize Coalition’s usage of data for cyberinsurance. You will use analytics, experimentation, and modern statistical techniques to help us understand and improve our cyber risk selection and reduction, pricing and automation in order to grow our revenue in a safe and efficient manner.
- Lead cross-functional projects using quantitative analysis and advanced data modeling to discover insights that will guide strategic operational decisions and uncover optimization opportunities
- Analysis of large scale data for creation of risk signals to be used for insurance pricing and risk selection
- Lead the design and delivery of data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics that support key product decisions
- Ability to analyze disparate data sources and synthesize into a narrative of what is happening in the data
- Training/mentorship of junior employees
- Contribute and grow the culture of data excellence on our team by bringing mature empathy, best practices, and processes to our organization
- A Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics or related technical field
5+ years of experience in related analytical, data science or consulting background
Understanding of and experience with experimental design and statistical methods
- Experience working with data in Python, R and similar tools
- Strong communication skills and ability to convey complex topics to non-technical audiences
- Passion, drive, and a deep sense of responsibility. We build the systems that keep us and our customers safe!
- Experience with cybersecurity data
- Exposure to causal inference, and other advanced statistical methods to measure impact of initiatives
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Annual home office stipend and WeWork access
- Mental & physical health wellness programs (One Medical, Headspace, Gympass, and more)!
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
We’re a highly fulfilling, mission-driven team who is committed to building a more diverse and inclusive culture. We want to work with people of all different backgrounds and paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and put in the work, no matter how small the task. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join #OurCoalition and help us on our mission to solve digital risk.
Recent press releases:
To learn more, check out our featured press releases:
- Coalition Closes $250 Million in Series F Funding, Valuing the Cyber Insurance Provider at $5 Billion
- Coalition Named to Fast Company’s Annual List of of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2022
- Coalition Launches Active Insurance, Reaches $650M Run Rate GWP
- Coalition launches tech-powered executive risks products with personalized risk assessment for all US small-businesses
Coalition’s very foundation is built on respecting and encouraging diversity and inclusion across the organization. Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
For CA residents, please view important privacy information here. For EU residents, you can view GDPR information here. For any questions regarding CCPA or GDPR, please contact us at [email protected]