Senior Manager of Data Engineering
- USA Only
- 0 applicants
Senior Manager of Data Engineering
Remote; Columbia, MO; Kansas City; Denver; Chicago
EquipmentShare is Hiring a Senior Manager of Data Engineering.
EquipmentShare is searching for a Senior Manager of Data Engineering for our corporate office in Columbia, MO to work fully remote. This role is to support our team as the department continues to grow.
EquipmentShare is seeking a Senior Manager of Data Engineering to be responsible for managing the Data Ops/Engineering team.
Despite having been fundamentally altered by earlier industrial revolutions, the construction industry has hardly budged with the computer revolution. In fact, since 1970, labor productivity in the US construction industry has actually declined, despite it more than doubling in the rest of the economy. This has contributed to housing shortages and the parlous state of infrastructure in some places, and is sanding the gears of carbon reduction efforts.
We think the industry is ripe for change, and we’re pushing the leading edge of that change with our next generation T3 Platform, the OS for Construction. Through T3, we help contractors to coordinate humans and (increasingly smarter) machines to build more effectively.
- Manage both our data operations and analytics engineering functions, which are dedicated to enabling industry-leading analytics and data science at EquipmentShare
- Help to attract and retain top talent for this team, and to develop the skills of the engineers within the team
- Play a leading role in articulating and assessing system design options and setting the roadmap for future development of our data systems
- Work closely with directors and executives across the builder and operations orgs to ensure best practices in terms of data access, security, traceability, etc.
Why We’re a Better Place to Work
- Competitive compensation packages
- 401 (k) and company match
- Health insurance and medical coverage benefits
- Unlimited paid time off
- Generous paid parental leave
- Volunteering and local charity initiatives that help you nurture and grow the communities you call home
- Opportunities for career and professional development with conferences, events, seminars, continued education
- State of the art onsite gym (Corporate HQ)/Gym stipend for remote employees
Our mission to change an entire industry is not easily achieved, so we only hire people who are inspired by the goal and up for the challenge. In turn, our employees have every opportunity to grow with us, achieve personal and professional success and enjoy making a tangible difference in an industry that’s long been resistant to change.
Skills & Qualifications
- Degree, or equivalent practical experience, in computer science, software engineering or related field
- 5+ years working on technology-powered products as either a data platform engineer, data engineer, analytics engineer or a closely related role
- 3+ years working as a people manager in a data engineering team
- Demonstrated understanding of the techniques and methods of modern product development
- Demonstrated understanding of business analytics
EquipmentShare is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. EquipmentShare is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.