Senior Data Scientist
About the role
We are now experiencing an accelerated growth and we're looking for an experienced Data Scientist dedicated to improving the product experience. As a young tech company, we know how user engagement can be boosted by personalisation, recommendations, user-segmentations and smart retention hooks. Using a wide range of different data sets, from common analytics/product data to unusual data sets like GPS recording and social relations, you will drive product enhancements forward that will directly impact 23 million users.
We believe that innovations based on data science will reinforce and extend our leadership in the outdoor market and your role will be decisive for komoot's success.
Ready for your next adventure?
What you will do
- Work on a wide range of data science projects: Examples include improving the ranking and composition of our feed, bringing our follower recommendations to the next level and helping us keep users engaged.
- Turn your ideas into data products ready for our production systems.
- Deploy and monitor your code in our AWS Cloud (you can count on the support of experienced backend engineers).
- Work with the Python Data Science Stack and a modern AWS infrastructure.
- Identify how to best leverage our data to improve our platform.Discuss product improvements, technical possibilities and road maps.
Why you will love it
- You will deal with a diverse set of data (location data, social network, user content (images, text), external data sources like OSM, product analytics, ...).
- You will go beyond prototyping and ship your code to production
- You will contribute to a product with a vision to inspire more people to go outdoors.
- You will work in a fast-paced startup with strongly motivated and talented co-workers.
- You will enjoy the freedom to organize yourself the way you want .
- We let you work from wherever you want, be it a beach, the mountains, your house, coworking center of your choice, or anywhere else that lies in any time zone situated between UTC-1 and UTC+3.
- You will travel together with our team to amazing outdoor places several times a year to exchange ideas, learnings and go for hikes and rides.
You will be successful in this position if you
- Have a passion for finding pragmatic and smart solutions to complex problems
- Have a solid understanding of math and statistics
- Have 3+ years of industry experience in data science
- Master Jupyter, pandas, NumPy, matplotlib/seaborn, scikit-learn and XGBoost/LightGBM/CatBoost
- Bonus: TensorFlow, Keras or PyTorch
- Know SQL
- Love to write clean, maintainable and tested Python code
- Have experience productionising your data science solutions
- Have strong communication and team skills
- Have a hands-on attitude and are highly self-driven
- Bonus: Know statically typed languages such as Kotlin/Java/C or Go
- Bonus: Have cloud experience (e.g. with AWS)
- Bonus: Have BigData experience (e.g. Spark, Presto, Hadoop)
Sound like you?
We would like to hear from you!
- Your CV in English highlighting your most relevant experience
- A write-up explaining who you are and why you are interested in working at komoot
- Examples of your work (e.g. GitHub Repositories, PDFs, Slideshare, etc.)
- Feel free to send us something that shows us a little more about what you’re interested in, be it your Twitter/Instagram account, your blog or something else
Curious to find out more about our recruitment process?
- Find out more info here: https://www.komoot.com/jobs-process
- At komoot we want to make great adventures accessible to everyone. We support diversity and inclusivity within the outdoors and welcome all prospective applicants.
- We have a rolling recruitment process. If this role is online it means it’s still open. We’re accepting applications and actively looking for the perfect candidate. Is it you?
- Dedicated time and budget to spend on classes, events, conferences, boot camps, or books for your curiosity and personal development, you decide!
- Blinkist subscription and discounts with outdoor brands like Patagonia and Wahoo
- Flexible working hours and locations
- 3 all- expenses paid Company gatherings per year
- The latest devices and equipment
- And more!