Senior Data Engineer
- USA Only
- 0 applicants
Time zones: EST (UTC -5) CST (UTC -6) MST (UTC -7) PST (UTC -8) AKST (UTC -9) HST (UTC -10) ART (UTC -3) UTC -4 UTC -4:30 UTC -3 UTC -2 AST (UTC -4) NST (UTC -3:30)
Moving can be one of the most stressful events in a person’s life.
Our goal at moveBuddha is to simplify that process and give people peace of mind that their move will go smoothly.
As our data engineer, you will be in charge of developing efficient data pipelines, ensuring data quality, and building and leading a data team to expand our data capabilities.
You’ll immerse yourself in our business strategy and ensure we’re meeting the data needs of the business, our team, and our users.
A glimpse at your day as our data engineer
In this role, you’ll immerse yourself in our platform and have ownership over our data. On day-to-day, this might include tasks such as:
- Design, develop, and maintain data scraping pipelines to extract information from diverse sources such as websites, APIs, databases, and other relevant platforms
- Implement effective data collection strategies, considering data volume, frequency, and quality
- Create mechanisms for data validation and verification to ensure the accuracy, completeness, and consistency of collected data
- Implement data cleaning and transformation processes to enhance data quality and usefulness
- Build and optimize data pipelines to efficiently process, transform, and load raw data into structured databases or data warehouses
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify data requirements and pipeline improvements
- Establish data quality metrics, monitor data quality issues, and take proactive measures to resolve data inconsistencies or anomalies
- Recruit, mentor, and lead a team of data professionals, fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation, and continuous learning
- Provide technical guidance, review code, and promote best practices within the data team
- Contribute to the development of the overall data strategy, including data acquisition, storage, integration, and analysis, aligned with organizational goals
- Document data sources, pipelines, transformations, and processes to ensure knowledge sharing and maintainable data solutions
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand data requirements and communicate insights effectively
- Stay updated on emerging technologies, tools, and techniques in the field of data engineering and recommend their adoption when appropriate
As our ideal candidate, you have the following qualifications
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- Proven experience in data engineering, including data scraping, aggregation, and pipeline development
- Proficient in programming languages such as Python, Java, or Scala, and experience with relevant frameworks and libraries
- Strong knowledge of database systems, data modeling, and SQL
- Familiarity with data validation, cleaning, and transformation techniques
- Previous leadership or team management experience preferred
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Effective communication skills to collaborate with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements and prioritize tasks in a dynamic environment
- Experience with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP) and big data technologies (e.g., Hadoop, Spark) is a plus
A few more things…
The benefits of working as our Data Engineer
- You’ll work closely with VP of Engineering to shape the future of our platform
- Data best practices
- Be part of a lean, fast-growing team where you can have an impact on growth and innovation
- Improve and refine your skills as an experienced engineer
- Gain in-depth knowledge of cutting-edge SEO and content marketing strategies
What Success looks like
This role presents an opportunity to grow quickly and contribute to the long- term success of our technical strategy. Growth will look different for each candidate, but here is a timeline of what you can expect the success of this role to look like:
- 1 month in : Familiarization with existing data sources, tools, and technologies used within the organization. Full understanding of ongoing data scraping and aggregation projects. Clear goals and expectations have been established.
- 3 months in : Independently initiate and complete data scraping tasks, building on the existing projects. Identifying and addressing data quality issues and inconsistencies as part of the validation process. Communicate progress, setbacks, and potential solutions with team members and stakeholders.
- 6 months in : Lead key data scraping and aggregation projects from start to finish, demonstrating your ability to manage complex tasks. Participate in discussions about the company's long-term data strategy and contribute insights based on your hands-on experience.
The values upheld by our Data Engineer
- Bias Toward Action Prioritize action over prolonged analysis. Strip unnecessary tasks from projects. We learn by doing and adjusting. Speed is our competitive advantage.
- Operate Like an Owner Take initiative and see tasks through to completion. Pay attention to the details and be accountable for results. Treat company resources like your own. Be frugal.
- Earn Trust Show up prepared. Actively listen and ask good questions. Give direct feedback with examples. Be generous with praise.
The benefits of working at moveBuddha
- moveBuddha helps people have a less stressful moving experience by simplifying the process and helping them find the right moving service to suit their needs.
- We've helped thousands of people move over the past five years by creating high-quality content that speaks to people who want to simplify their moving process. We’re growing quickly and excited to explore new avenues of content and continue to expand on our content strategies. Learn more about us here: https://www.movebuddha.com/
We know starting a new job requires taking a leap of faith. We want you to be excited about being part of the moveBuddha team.
Why you’ll love working at moveBuddha
- Growth : We’re a lean yet powerful team and growing quickly. A small team means the opportunity to be involved in multiple projects and learn about different parts of the business.
- Culture : We believe in work-life balance and rewarding hard work in the form of time off, bonuses, company game nights, and other incentives.
- Empowerment : We want to empower our team to grow in their role and take ownership of projects and provide them with the tools and resources they need.
- Communication : We don’t believe in micromanaging. We’re looking for team members who can work asynchronously and collaborate across departments.
- Benefits : We offer a competitive salary and consistent opportunities to earn bonuses. moveBuddha has an unlimited PTO policy to encourage a healthy work-life balance.
- Location : We’re a fully remote company based in Athens, Georgia.
moveBuddha asks respectfully toonly apply through the application form and not email/apply to them directly. Recruiters and Agencies please do not contact moveBuddha directly.