Senior Data Analyst, Enterprise Data Strategy
- USA Only
- 7 applicants (100%)
Title: Senior Data Analyst, Enterprise Data Strategy
Who We Are
SPINS is the leading provider of retail consumer insights, analytics, and consulting for the Natural, Organic and Specialty Products Industry. We transform raw data into intelligent and actionable business solutions that enable consumers to pursue wellness. At SPINS, we believe data is important, but our people are the real differentiator. That’s why we maintain a culture that is focused on collaboration, flexibility, and open communication.
A key part of our approach to data is our Product Intelligence platform. Product Intelligence deconstructs on-and-off-label product information, translates the data into a common industry language, and outputs relevant insights in the form of clear product attributes well recognized by shoppers. Retailers and CPG brands use this data to analyze the market, spot trends, power personalization strategies, help their shoppers find the best products for their health and lifestyle needs, inform key merchandising strategies, and relay the nuanced product information that today’s shoppers rely on when making purchasing decisions.
As part of our Product Intelligence platform, we have a data library covering millions of products that are made by thousands of brands, manufacturers, and retailers across the grocery and CPG ecosystem. We are now looking for a highly detail-oriented Senior Data Analyst, Enterprise Data Strategy , to lead our strategy and data approach to managing the relationships and data linkages between Companies (brands, manufacturers, retailers) and the products that they make. This position plays a key role in implementing & operationalizing our data strategy for how we manage enterprise and product data linkages across the entire SPINS data ecosystem. This role requires an individual with exceptional abilities working with data using a variety of data analysis tools and demonstrates a history of working on large complex data projects. This person will work closely with the Product Intelligence team and learn our data taxonomies, product databases, and lead efforts to establish a sound data strategy around managing and organizing enterprise data at scale. This role will also liaison across the commercial, sales, data governance, SalesForce, and customer success teams, as the core subject matter expert and leader around company and enterprise metadata.
This is an amazing opportunity for someone looking to join a rapidly growing technology company solving a meaningful problem in data analytics, health and wellness, and CPG/retail data.
What you will do
- Lead data initiatives to ensure we have a source of truth for Enterprises (Companies, Manufacturers, Brands), and their relationships throughout our database
- Manage the enterprise data strategy for Brand/Company/Manufacturer entities and their linkages across the SPINS ecosystem
- Research & determine relationships between different aliases and levels of ownership between Enterprises (Companies, Manufacturers, Brands)
- Determine when Enterprise entities are in need of relationship updates, and build systems to automate this as much as possible
- Establish governing procedures for Enterprise data across our databases
- Advise and make Data Modeling recommendations & best practices for efficient Enterprise data management & data flow
- Establish definitions for Enterprise data (including source data evaluation) that meet the requirements for product intelligence and broader SPINS applications
- Identify and reconcile data discrepancies across SPINS systems
- Communicate key updates to stakeholders
- Develop and deliver educational materials for cross-functional business users and external customers
- Operate as the point of contact (or primary interface) for any day-to-day questions regarding Enterprise data
What you bring
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (Preferable areas of study: 1) Bachelor/Master’s of Science in Computer Science, Data Analytics, Data Science; Statistics; Engineering; or 2) Bachelor/Master’s of Business with further education or work experience in Data Analytics, Statistics, Computer Science, or Food Science)
- 4+ years of relevant experience, preferably within a Data/Analytics, Data Integration, or Data Management role
- Experience working with data analysis tools (e.g., SQL, Python, R)
- Strong knowledge of business intelligence tools (Tableau, Power BI, Metabase)
- Strong ability to analyze large volumes of data
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated experience in collaborating on team projects
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate technical topics with non-technical audiences including C-Suite audiences.
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational skills are a must for success
- Proven ability to work on large, complex data projects that required cross-functional collaboration
- Entrepreneurial drive to take ownership
What SPINS Offers
We have enjoyed tremendous growth over the years and, as a leader in a fast- growing industry, we have no plans to slow down! While all that growth brings excitement, it is also an opportunity for SPINS to show it values the health and wellness of its team members. Whether you are based at our Chicago headquarters or remote, we continue to stay true to SPINS:
- We embrace hybrid and remote work options so that you have the flexibility to create a work/life balance that actually works!
- Virtual yoga, HIIT, meditation classes, and team SPINS Peloton rides
- Each employee is allotted paid time to use to volunteer with an organization of their choice and charitable donations are matched.
- CEO Connect, a monthly informal small group Q&A session with our top leader
- Semi-annual company-wide survey that is used to shape company programs, perks, and culture.
The SPINS Way
- Direct We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.