Senior Behavioral Scientist
- USA Only
- 0 applicants (0%)
Senior Behavioral Scientist
job requisition id
About the team
The Behavioral Science team sits within a multidisciplinary team of researchers, Zillow Research & Insights (ZRI), which includes Customer and Partner Insights Strategists, UX Researchers, Behavioral Scientists, and Population Scientists. We all play a significant role within the greater product and marketing organizations. ZRI sits within Zillow Experience Design (ZxD), a fast-paced, collaborative, and driven product design team. We’re a tight-knit, fun-loving, and upbeat group.
We are dedicated to improving the home buying and selling process through the application of behavioral science theory. We seek out and validate exciting new ideas using primary research.
We care deeply about solving problems for real people – customers, co-workers, and everyone else. We seek to make everything a little better than we found it.
About the role
As a senior behavioral scientist, you’ll drive quantitative research and provide our data-hungry team with actionable insights addressing customer and business needs. Our mission is to make Zillow the most-loved place to discover, buy, sell, or rent a home. If you enjoy working across functions and want to be involved in some of the company’s biggest initiatives, then this job is for you!
- Combine behavioral science theory with advanced research designs and statistical methods to investigate and tackle ambitious business and customer problems
- Lead quantitative research through the entire research cycle (e.g. ideation, design, analysis, dissemination)
- Work closely with product managers, marketers, designers, and engineers
- Present actionable findings, engage partners in research, and influence them to take action
- Lead multiple projects independently, prioritize business objectives, and deliver high-quality work on time
- Contribute, learn, grow, and have fun!
This role has been categorized as a Remote position. “Remote” employees do not have a permanent corporate office workplace and, instead, work from a physical location of their choice which must be identified to the Company. Employees may live in any of the 50 US States, with limited exceptions. In certain cases, an employee in a remote-designated job may need to live in a specific region or time zone to support customers or clients as part of their role.
In California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City and Washington the standard base pay range for this role is $134,800.00 – $215,300.00 Annually. This base pay range is specific to California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City and Washington and may not be applicable to other locations.
In addition to a competitive base salary this position is also eligible for equity awards based on factors such as experience, performance and location. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location.
Who you are
- Applicants should have a PhD or MA in a behavioral science field (behavioral economics, cognitive or social psychology, information sciences, marketing or a related field)
- 2+ years leading experimental and quasi-experimental research in an industry setting or 5+ years with MA
- Expertise in statistical inference, including advanced methods (e.g., NLP, longitudinal regression methods, machine learning)
- Expertise with survey design and analysis (specifically for the purposes of experimental and/or quantitative analysis) and experience applying advanced experimental research designs
- Proficient with data analysis using R, Python, or similar, and experience with SQL
- Skilled at identifying and translating business needs into research projects and moving projects from an idea through to actionable data-driven recommendations
- Experience prioritizing research activities to deliver practical insights and direction quickly
- Strong informal and formal communication skills. A cross-functional collaborator.
Here at Zillow, we value ALL candidates with a diverse set of backgrounds, experience, and skills. If you have experience and meet at least some of the criteria, we encourage you to apply!
Get to know us
Zillow is reimagining real estate to make it easier to unlock life’s next chapter.
As the most-visited real estate website in the United States, Zillow® and its affiliates help movers find and win their home through digital solutions, first class partners, and easier buying, selling, financing and renting experiences. Millions of people visit Zillow Group sites every month to start their home search, and now they can rely on Zillow to help make it easier to move. The work we do is helping people move from dreaming to transacting — and no matter what job you’re in, you will play a critical role in making this vision a reality.