Research Chef - Food Scientist
- USA Only
Research Chef/Food Scientist
- United States
- Full time
This position will report directly to the VP of Operations. Come join one of the most talented teams in the health space!
Perfect Keto is a fast growing, innovative brand made up by a team of passionate and hardworking talent who believes that great tasting food doesn’t have to be bad for you. Perfect Keto offers lines of clean label, keto- friendly supplements and snacks. We believe in making great tasting products with minimal ingredients that people love.
Our team is looking for a food R&D scientist or research chef who has an eye for the small details, commitment to innovation, and breathes creativity. The owner of this role will have unique opportunities for expanding technical knowledge with developing a diverse portfolio of keto-friendly foods. The focus of this role will be prototype development, product optimization and product commercialization.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who has experience making and scaling keto-friendly, low-carb or low-sugar pastries, desserts and salty snacks while focusing on minima and natural ingredients. We are looking for a team player who can keep up in a fast paced start-up environment.
This role is remote so you can have the freedom to work where you choose.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Developing formulations and specifications that meet the appropriate nutritional, financial and regulatory requirements and adhere to the strict ingredient standards established by the quality team.
- Identifying and sourcing ingredients from vendors that are in compliance with established quality assurance standards.
- Identify and lead relationship with co-packers to commercialize formulations
- Formulate, execute experiments and analyze results to make sound technical recommendations.
- Work closely with the team to ensure all projects meet brand product standards, cost of goods targets, timelines, and taste expectations.
- Creating product development schedules that are required to meet project timelines.
- Continuously own improvement of our product portfolio from flavor, claims, shelf life, and cost perspectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus two years industry experience or Masters in Food Science or a related science degree
- Experience making keto, low-carb and low sugar products while adhering to strict clean label standards
- Experience in gluten free formulation preferred
- Proven ability to manage multiple assignments/ tasks
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Must be self-motivated, self-organized and a team player
- We can’t take care of others (our customers) without taking care of ourselves (our people) first. That’s why we pay extremely competitive salaries and offer a variety of perks to help you optimize your health.
- Salary: We pay top of market because we want the best people at our company.
- Office Hours: You design your own workday. Work whenever you want, from wherever you want.
- Vacation & Holidays: We have a strict two week minimum of vacation taken per year, and anything over that is unlimited and up to you. Take any holiday you want, but also feel free to work on any holiday you want.
- Health insurance: You have the choice to opt-in to the best health insurance we can get. We’re also working towards providing dental and vision coverage.
- Nutrition: You get a monthly budget to invest on getting fresh food locally.
- Fitness: You get a monthly budget to invest on a gym membership, personal trainer, yoga classes, and anything else that helps you increase your physical fitness.
- Books: You get a free Kindle and four books per month.
- Meditation: We cover any app or class you use to improve your meditation consistency.
- Continued Learning: We cover anything that increases your work skills and provide a monthly budget for developing any personal skills you desire. You want to learn Spanish? How to do pottery? We have you covered.
- Free product: You need to be able to brag about how awesome Perfect Keto products are, so team members get free product for their personal use.
- Retreats: Having fun is one of our core values. Join us on our all expenses paid retreats to fantastic locations.
- Parental Leave: Take the time you need to take care of your baby and yourself. Work will be there when you come back.