Lead Data Engineer
Do you have experience with data engineering in a start-up or other fast-paced environments? Do you want to help us drive the company forward creating the future of work?
We are growing fast and need help to build our product into a great design platform that includes project management features, real-time chat, staffing, file annotation, and more.
As a Lead Data Engineer in Superside, you’ll be responsible for building the ETL pipeline and business intelligence for the different departments. The purpose of this role is to build solid “customer insight” for the whole company and to make Superside a data-driven company.
About Superside Our vision is to bring the future of work to life and flood the world with beautiful, intuitive design - all while building a creative platform the likes of which the world has not yet seen. And we want your help.
Born out of Norway and the US, Superside since 2015 has grown to almost 300 employees located all around the world, spanning 50+ countries and 19 timezones. Superside is a remote scale-up building a design workflow and collaboration platform while delivering creative work to some of the most innovative companies in the industry. By building customizable managed workflows and communication technology, we are changing the way the world creates and collaborates at scale.
We have the backing and momentum to do it - Y Combinator, Slack Fund, Freestyle Capital and High Alpha Capital are all supporting our vision, and over the last year, Superside has grown over 250 percent. Through our platform, Superside has attracted some of the world’s largest brands, such as Facebook, Redbull, Puma, Amazon, Salesforce, Cisco, HP, Twitch, Airbus, L'Oreal, Tiffany & Co.
Growing our engineering and product team is just the next step in this exciting journey and one that will lead to our biggest achievements yet.
About the Engineering team We work remotely, meaning that we want to work with the best, no matter where you want to live. Our growing engineering and product team is full of alumni from Spotify, Adobe, Yandex, Mail.ru and more, all now looking to disrupt creative operations together. The team is fully distributed across Europe but everyone is working within CET +/- 3 hours.
Today, our engineering team consists of 16 developers, our aim is to extend to 25-30 engineers within the year.
Superside works closely together and emphasizes a product-driven mindset. Everyone is given a lot of freedom and autonomy, and you’ll be able to take part in all types of product-related discussions, ranging from architecture to algorithms, DevOps and Cloud. You will work with scrum methodology, weekly product meetings, daily stand-ups with the team and weekly grooming sessions.
What you’ll do
- As a Data Engineer at Superside, you’ll be responsible for gathering, structuring, analyzing, understanding, aggregating and presenting all data that runs through the company.
- Designing and developing data systems and reporting tools to discover opportunities for operational innovations and help us test those innovations in an analytically rigorous manner.
- Collaborate and influence with stakeholders such as Leadership, Creative Project Managers, Designers, and Engineers to ensure our data infrastructure meets constantly evolving requirements.
- The purpose of this role is to build solid “customer insight” for the whole company and to make Superside a data-driven company.
- Design, develop and maintain a data analytics ecosystem and an optimal data pipeline architecture
- Build the infrastructure and integrations needed for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) of data from a wide variety of data sources both internally and externally
- Build analytics tools and reporting systems that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insight into operational efficiency, customer acquisition and journey, and other key business performance metrics.
- Write and review technical documents, including design, development, and revision documents.
- Establish a vision for what the data-driven future could be at Superside and then take part in bringing that vision to life
What you’ll need to succeed
- Bsc/Msc degree or higher within STEM
- Excellent SQL skills
- Experience building data processing pipelines (ETL) and BI solutions
- Well versed with scripting language to conduct analyses (eg python or R)
- Highly skilled in using multiple data sources, and the ability to simplify and effectively visualize and communicate complex insights
- Comfortable with owning project timelines, prioritizing tasks, and assessing speed/accuracy tradeoffs
- Knowledge of statistical concepts used in exploratory data analysis and a strong understanding of experiment assessment, trend and correlation identification techniques
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills, good at presenting ideas and discussing solutions in large groups
- Ability to quickly understand the business domain and connect data to it
- Bias for action, appreciation for data-influenced processes, proactive, motivated by execution and customer-centric
Why join us?
- Truly global community with people across 50+ countries
- Flexibility of working from anywhere in the world
- Become part of a rapidly growing startup disrupting a massive global industry with a huge market opportunity
- A fast-moving, trusting, ego-free and truth-seeking environment
- Have a significant impact on the growth and future of the company
- Significant future growth opportunity in the role
- Pioneer the remote and data-driven future of work in a fair, meritocratic and supportive community
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, appearance, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran or disability status.