Lead Data Analyst
Location: International, Anywhere; 100% Remote
Komoot is an app that lets you find, plan, and share adventures. Driven by a desire to explore, and powered by the outdoor community’s recommendations, it’s Komoot’s mission to inspire great adventures making them accessible to all. And we’re good at what we do: Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times!
Today, with over 25 million users and 200,000 five-star reviews, Komoot is well on its way to becoming the most popular cycling and hiking app for people who love adventures worldwide.
Join our fully remote team and change the way people explore!
About the role
Komoot is a tech company in which data plays a decisive role. As komoot’s lead data analyst, you will scale the Analytics team from 2 to 6 members to cover the increasing need for data-informed decisions as the company grows. This includes recruiting and onboarding new members as well as re-designing and adjusting how we collaborate as our team evolves. You’ll strive for an industry-leading analytics team dedicated to supporting komoot in becoming the world’s leading outdoor platform.
At komoot, we believe you only can be an excellent lead if you get hands-on experience therefore, you’ll spend one day per week as a Data Analyst. The rest of your time will be spent on leadership and mentoring tasks.
Ready for your next adventure?
What you will do
- Be the driver for data culture at komoot and represent the Analytics team
- Recruit, onboard and mentor data analysts
- Establish best practices for processes and deliverables at an industry leading level
- Coordinate and oversee the data engineering roadmap
- Monitor and coach your teammates’ performance, negotiate salaries, lead hiring and offboarding processes
- Champion knowledge sharing and developing skills among team members
- Coach your mentees in their professional development
- Turn data into actionable insights for strategic product and business decisions
- Design and implement metrics, dashboards, and continuous reports
Why you will love it
- You’ll have a self-determined job with personal responsibility to set up and develop the team
- While you excel in your leadership role you still get to work occasionally on Analytics tasks and keep your hard skills up to date
- You’ll work with a truly inspiring product that brings real life value to our users and empowers them to explore more of the great outdoors
- You’ll join an international and fully remote team spread across Europe with a common mission – to inspire great adventures, making them accessible to all
- We are a tech company with little organisational overhead focusing on ownership and responsibility instead of micro-management and hierarchies
- You get 38 days annual leaves (including public holidays, which vary by country)
- You’ll get a dedicated time and budget for your personal development
- You’ll travel with us (when safe) for team gatherings in amazing locations several times a year. You can check out this playlist to find out more about how we stay close while being remote. (http://bit.ly/39xtIrn )
You will be successful in this position if you
- Have 4+ years of experience as a data analyst
- Have 2+ years of experience as the lead of a high-performing team
- Have strong, proven skills in SQL, Pandas and Statistics
- Find satisfaction in helping your colleagues thrive
- Have great communication and interpersonal skills
- Have strong moderating skills to bring meetings to a successful conclusion
- Can make tough decisions and take responsibility for them
- Can show empathy for your colleagues while giving direct and sometimes uncomfortable feedback
- You know that team goes first and you go second
Sound like you?
Great, we would love to hear from you! Please send us the following:
- Your CV in English, highlighting your most relevant experience.
- A write-up (Cover Letter) explaining who you are and why you would like to work with us.
- Examples of your work (e.g. GitHub, PDFs, Slideshare, Talks, etc.)
- Feel free to send us something that shows us a little more about what you’re interested in, be it your Twitter or Medium account.
Curious to find out more about our recruitment process?
- Find out more info here: https://www.komoot.com/jobs-process
- At komoot we want to make great adventures accessible to everyone. We support diversity and inclusivity within the outdoors and welcome all prospective applicants.
- We have a rolling recruitment process – if this role is online it means it’s still open. We’re accepting applications and actively looking for the perfect candidate. Is it you?
- Dedicated time and budget to spend on classes, events, conferences, boot camps, or books for your curiosity and personal development, you decide!
- Get access to generous discounts from leading outdoor and cycling brands and more
- Flexible working hours and locations
- 3 all- expenses paid Company gatherings per year
- The latest devices and equipment
- And more!