Lead Data Analyst
About the role
Komoot is a tech company in which data plays a decisive role. As komoot’s lead data analyst, you will scale the Analytics team from 2 to 6 members to cover the increasing need for data-informed decisions as the company grows. This includes recruiting and onboarding new members as well as re-designing and adjusting how we collaborate as our team evolves. You’ll strive for an industry-leading analytics team dedicated to supporting komoot in becoming the world’s leading outdoor platform.
At komoot, we believe you only can be an excellent lead if you get hands-on experience therefore, you'll spend one day per week as a Data Analyst. The rest of your time will be spent on leadership and mentoring tasks.
Ready for your next adventure?
What you will do
- Be the driver for data culture at komoot and represent the Analytics team
- Recruit, onboard and mentor data analysts
- Establish best practices for processes and deliverables at an industry leading level
- Coordinate and oversee the data engineering roadmap
- Monitor and coach your teammates' performance, negotiate salaries, lead hiring and offboarding processes
- Champion knowledge sharing and developing skills among team members
- Coach your mentees in their professional development
- Turn data into actionable insights for strategic product and business decisions
- Design and implement metrics, dashboards, and continuous reports
Why you will love it
- You’ll have a self-determined job with personal responsibility to set up and develop the team
- While you excel in your leadership role you still get to work occasionally on Analytics tasks and keep your hard skills up to date
- You’ll work with a truly inspiring product that brings real life value to our users and empowers them to explore more of the great outdoors
- You’ll join an international and fully remote team spread across Europe with a common mission - to inspire great adventures, making them accessible to all
- We are a tech company with little organisational overhead focusing on ownership and responsibility instead of micro-management and hierarchies
- You get 38 days annual leaves (including public holidays, which vary by country)
- You’ll get a dedicated time and budget for your personal development
- You’ll travel with us (when safe) for team gatherings in amazing locations several times a year. You can check out this playlist to find out more about how we stay close while being remote. (http://bit.ly/39xtIrn )
You will be successful in this position if you
- Have 4+ years of experience as a data analyst
- Have 2+ years of experience as the lead of a high-performing team
- Have strong, proven skills in SQL, Pandas and Statistics
- Find satisfaction in helping your colleagues thrive
- Have great communication and interpersonal skills
- Have strong moderating skills to bring meetings to a successful conclusion
- Can make tough decisions and take responsibility for them
- Can show empathy for your colleagues while giving direct and sometimes uncomfortable feedback
- You know that team goes first and you go second
Sound like you?
Great, we would love to hear from you! Please send us the following:
- Your CV in English, highlighting your most relevant experience.
- A write-up (Cover Letter) explaining who you are and why you would like to work with us.
- Examples of your work (e.g. GitHub, PDFs, Slideshare, Talks, etc.)
- Feel free to send us something that shows us a little more about what you’re interested in, be it your Twitter or Medium account.
Curious to find out more about our recruitment process?
- Find out more info here: https://www.komoot.com/jobs-process
- At komoot we want to make great adventures accessible to everyone. We support diversity and inclusivity within the outdoors and welcome all prospective applicants.
- We have a rolling recruitment process – if this role is online it means it’s still open. We’re accepting applications and actively looking for the perfect candidate. Is it you?
- Dedicated time and budget to spend on classes, events, conferences, boot camps, or books for your curiosity and personal development, you decide!
- Blinkist subscription and discounts with outdoor brands like Patagonia and Wahoo
- Flexible working hours and locations
- 3 all- expenses paid Company gatherings per year
- The latest devices and equipment