Engineering Manager - User Data Infrastructure
- USA Only
- 0 applicants (0%)
Title: Engineering Manager – User Data Infrastructure
Location Remote – United States
Iterable is the customer activation platform that helps brands deliver joyful experiences with harmonized, individualized, and dynamic communications at scale Iterable is built for marketers, trusted by engineers, and designed with intelligence. We know this space well: our product team built the growth systems that powered Twitter’s early success. We’ve surpassed $100M in ARR and have raised more than $340M from top-tier investors like Index Ventures, Viking, and CRV, and hundreds of companies like Zillow, SeatGeek, and Box rely on us to captivate their many millions of users.
Developed for the enterprise, Iterable is built from modern technologies that transform cloud, partner and tool-specific data into integrated, personalized engagements. No matter the audience size or degree of campaign sophistication, Iterable empowers brands to implement where it matters most creating experiences and promoting connections with over 2 billion people world-wide. Leading brands, like Zillow, DoorDash, Calm, Madison Reed, and Box, choose Iterable to power excellent customer experiences throughout the entire lifecycle.
Iterable’s momentum grows daily and there has never been a more exciting time to join the team! We’ve been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work – SF for the past four years, one of the Best Places to Work in Colorado for the past two years, and were named as one of Colorado’s Best Paying Companies! We’ve also been listed on Wealthfront’s Career Launching Companies List for the past two years, rank sixth on the list of Top 25 Companies Where Women Want to Work and hold a top 20 spot among the SaaS 100.
We have a global presence with offices in San Francisco, New York, Denver, and London, and remote employees located all over the world. As we scale, we continue to live by our core four, founding values – Trust, Growth Mindset, Balance, and Humility. To understand the Iterable story, and learn more about our mission, explore our Culture and About Us page.
Creating and managing audiences is critical to our customers’ marketing automation success. The Audience team is responsible for features related to creating, understanding, and managing users. We also help customers organize their users into lists so they can target each user with the right message at the right time. The technologies that we heavily invest in are Scala, GraphQL, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Postgres, and Distributed Relational Database (Cockroach DB).
Here’s more information about our Engineering culture, values, and interviewing process.
How you will make a difference:
You love leading engineering teams and delivering winning products. You have hands-on technical expertise in building systems technologies for large-scale data. You are first a leader, then a manager, and an engineer. You are motivated by solving challenging problems with simple solutions and feel satisfaction from helping others. Your leadership style translates to impressive results and attracts like-minded people.
One of our core values is a growth mindset and Iterable is a company where everyone can grow. If this is a role that excites you, please apply as we value applicants for the skills they bring beyond an engineering manager role.
You’ll report to the Sr. Engineering Manager of the User Data Infrastructure. You’ll get to lead the team that develops Iterable’s main product. Our software handles terabytes of data daily and we have invested in making our systems efficient. As a Manager in the Product Engineering team, at Iterable as a technical leader, you’ll grow and help the team improve and achieve enterprise-grade components. We believe in a friendly engineering culture. Here’s more information on our engineering values, and interviewing process.
You will report to the Senior Manager of UDI. User Data Infrastructure team handles all user and event data received from Iterable customers. The team is responsible for managing petabytes of data and handling of over 100 Billion API requests per month in a multi-tenant architecture ensuring operational efficiency. The technologies that we heavily invest in are Elasticsearch, Kafka and Distributed Relational Database (Cockroach DB).
How you will make an impact:
One of our core values is growth mindset and Iterable is a company where everyone can grow. If this is a role that excites you, please apply as we value applicants for the skills they bring beyond a job description.
In this role you’ll get to:
- Manage one or more teams in our our growing engineering organization in a remote friendly environment
- Deliver a large-scale, enterprise grade service used by top brands.
- Lead complex technical projects to deliver new features and services with significant impact to the business.
- Coach, mentor and provide real-time, meaningful, sensitive, and constructive feedback to direct reports
- Grow the team and align project assignments with career development goals and company vision
- Work with engineering leaders to set technical direction
- Continuously improve engineering processes and practices
We are looking for people who have:
- Experience in the software industry, including significant time as an individual contributor
- Experience as a Manager or Technical Lead
- Experience managing teams that work on large-scale web and/or mobile applications
- Strong knowledge of the following technologies: Java/Scala and the Play Framework, the AWS stack, Elasticsearch, Bash & Unix-based systems, Redis, Postgres, and RabbitMQ
- Passion for learning and always improving yourself, as well as the team around you
- Experience in recruiting, building, and managing engineering teams
- Industry experience of building and delivering enterprise-grade software for large-scale data.
- Technical expertise in data modeling, distributed systems technologies, and cloud deployment (provisioning, multi-tenancy, frameworks, and tools for system monitoring, logging, etc).
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies and short release cycles.
- Experience building an enterprise SaaS product
- Experience in the email marketing and/or marketing automation industries
- Open-source software contributions
- Demonstrated thought-leadership through conference talks, blog posts, etc
- Experience with AWS, Scala, ElasticSearch, Postgres, Redis, Kafka, Pulsar, Kubernetes, etc
Perks & Benefits:
- Paid parental leave
- Competitive salaries, meaningful equity, & 401(k) plan
- Medical, dental, vision, & life insurance
- Balance Day (First Friday off every month)
- Fertility & Adoption Assistance
- Paid Sabbatical
- Flexible PTO
- Daily lunch allowance
- Monthly Employee Wellness allowance
- Quarterly Professional Development allowance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Complete laptop workstation
We’re rethinking traditional workplace planning and looking to strengthen belonging, innovation, productivity, and happiness whether it’s in an office, from home, or a hybrid of the two. As such, we’ve moved to a single geographical compensation band for all of our employees (the San Francisco Bay Area market for the US, London for the UK).
The annual base salary range for this position is $191,000 – $248,850. This range reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined based on factors including job-related skills, experience, relevant education or training, and internal equity considerations. While we use our full salary ranges, we only consider offering a salary near the top of the range in situations where the candidate far exceeds the experience level and skills required for the role.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only. The total compensation package includes variable pay (where applicable), equity, plus a range of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and financial. In addition we offer perks such as a lunch subsidy and generous stipends for health & fitness and learning & development, among others.
Iterable is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Iterable does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Iterable also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Iterable will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.