Engineering Manager, Client Data
- Canada Only
Ready to take your remote engineering leadership career to the next level? Our Engineering Effectiveness group designs, builds, and operates large-scale systems that enable Yelp developers to deliver world class features. We love to accelerate engineering workflows and deliver great developer experiences as we scale complex, highly reliable systems.
As the Engineering Manager of Yelp’s Client Data team, you will lead, coach, and grow a multi platform (Android, iOS, Web) team of amazing engineers in building the infrastructure that powers our GraphQL API layer on the server and all client platforms. This API is currently used by all the mobile and web Yelp apps (the “clients”) to fetch and write data. It serves as an abstraction over disparate datastores/systems, enabling Yelp’s Consumer and Biz teams to build world class web and mobile experiences for their users.
Sounds exciting? Keep reading.
We’d love to have you apply, even if you don’t feel you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Yelp, we’re looking for great people, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
This opportunity is fully remote and does not require you to be located in the Toronto area. We welcome applicants from throughout Ontario.
Where You Come In:
- You will help the team stay happy and productive by removing obstacles and optimizing team processes.
- You will coach and mentor engineers of all experience levels, from recent graduates to senior engineers.
- You will collaborate with your team, your stakeholders, and other Engineering leaders to define and influence a product vision and roadmap.
- You will play an essential role in the hiring process, from scouting potential candidates to interviewing to helping close new hires.
- You will support your team as they scale infrastructure to meet demand while keeping an eye on reliability.
What It Takes To Succeed:
- You have previous experience as a manager taking a “people first” approach; maintaining a healthy team culture is your priority, and you lead through empathy.
- You have great communication skills and can develop communication skills in your team.
- You have experience with building and scaling APIs that are providing data to millions of consumers.
- You have a technical background and can help your team evaluate trade-offs during design and development.
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at accommodations- email@example.com or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.