Data Scientist, Risk Interventions
- 8 applicants (13%)
Data Scientist, Risk Interventions
Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
The Risk Interventions Data Science Team aims to ensure we achieve the right balance between mitigating risk and enabling our customers to achieve their business objectives. Working cross-functionally with various teams within the organization, the team is focused on developing models, methods, and frameworks for ensuring efficient compliance with regulatory requirements, appropriately targeted interventions and a low friction user experience.
What you’ll do
- Build statistical and machine learning models to measure all aspects of the onboarding and compliance processes
- Create metrics and dashboards for key performance indicators and deep dive investigations to understand and optimize the drivers of those indicators
- Design, analyze, and interpret the results of experiments. Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources
- Partner closely with product, engineering, and strategy teams to shape the team’s strategy and prioritize the most important projects to achieve its goals
- Effectively communicate the outcomes of your work to key stakeholders
Who you are
You’re an experienced data scientist with experience partnering closely with engineering and business teams to ensure practical, data informed strategy. You are excited and curious about understanding dynamics of complex systems in the business and strive to continuously learn new skills. You are motivated to develop practical solutions to business problems always focusing on balancing technical rigor with business context aiming for optimal solutions.
- 5+ years data science/quantitative modeling experience
- A PhD or MS in a quantitative field (e.g., Operations Research, Economics, Statistics, Sciences, Engineering)
- Strong working knowledge in a scientific computing language (Python, R, etc.) and SQL
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience with data science, machine learning, statistics, and experimentation for commercial applications
- Experience building scalable quantitative calculations in modern technical stacks
- A demonstrated ability to manage and deliver on multiple projects with a high attention to detail
- Strong stakeholder management skills with a demonstrated ability to shape prioritization efforts across multiple stakeholder teams
- The ability to communicate results clearly with a focus on driving impact
* * Experience building ETL solutions utilizing Presto, Spark, Airflow or similar tools * Experience with causal inference methods * Experience partnering with globally distributed teams
Pay and benefits
The annual US base salary range for this role is $168,600 – $228,229. For sales roles, the range provided is the role’s On Target Earnings (“OTE”) range, meaning that the range includes both the sales commissions/sales bonuses target and annual base salary for the role. This salary range may be inclusive of several career levels at Stripe and will be narrowed during the interview process based on a number of factors, including the candidate’s experience, qualifications, and location. Applicants interested in this role and who are not located in the US may request the annual salary range for their location during the interview process.
Additional benefits for this role may include: equity, company bonus or sales commissions/bonuses; 401(k) plan; medical, dental, and vision benefits; and wellness stipends.
Remote in United States, or Canada
Data & Data Science
We look forward to hearing from you
At Stripe, we’re looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.