Data Scientist, Product
Title: Data Scientist, Product (Remote)
Location: Remote, United States
The Squarespace Product Data team provides technical data solutions, statistical models, and advanced analyses to empower the Product team to build a world-class product and maximize customer growth.
In this role, you’ll partner with product managers, analysts, user researchers, and engineers to help unpack the toughest questions facing Squarespace; for example, quantifying customer success, improving product usability, and targeting personalization. You will primarily be leveraging your statistics and coding skills to decode the massive amounts of data our users generate, developing data products, and communicating crucial insights to support a sophisticated and data-driven team. This role reports to a Data Science Manager.
We have introduced our Flexible Work Philosophy for Squarespace employees, which you can find on our career page. For those who will work out of our offices 1-5 days a week, we have also introduced a detailed return to office approach to guarantee a safe return for our Squarespace employees. The safety of our people is our top priority and we will continue to monitor the status of COVID-19
YOU’LL GET TO…
- Translate high-level business questions and pain points into actionable data solutions.
- Partner with Analysts, Data Engineers, and Analytics Engineers to deliver useful data solutions to a broad audience.
- Design, build, maintain, and upgrade statistical models to understand and predict consumer behavior; for example, website segmentation, feature recommendations, or pricing.
- Explore product datasets to uncover latent trends, hidden issues, and new opportunities.
- Promote adoption of analytic frameworks, tools, and best practices to data analysts and other data scientists.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelors/Masters Degree with 2+ years of experience working within an analytical role (or PhD with quantitative focus).
- Action-oriented, creative, and passionate about delivering useful data products.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Competency with SQL; familiarity with Python.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)