Data Scientist I
- USA Only
- 5 applicants (16%)
Data Scientist I – Remote
United States of America, Rhode Island, Providence
United States of America
Information Technology / Digital Experience
The Data Scientist I will be responsible for using data and advanced analytics to improve business outcomes. This role will be responsible for developing, testing, and implementing statistical and machine learning models for predictive analytics, and taking an iterative approach to improving results. This role has a solid understanding of predictive modeling and machine learning techniques, model development, model/ml-ops, with the advanced written and verbal communications skills
- Acquires, cleans, transforms, and features engineers’ data in preparation for analysis
- Performs data quality checks to ensure that it is fit for purpose
- Selects appropriate modeling techniques for complex problems with large scale structured and unstructured data sets
- Conducts exploratory data analysis activities (for example, basic statistical analysis, hypothesis testing, statistical inference) on available data
- Works with internal business stakeholders to gather requirements for analyses and translates these requirements into actionable analytical approaches
Model Assessment & Validation
- Identifies the model evaluation metrics
- Applies best practice techniques for model testing and tuning
- Assesses accuracy, fit, validity, and robustness
Operationalization & Monitoring
- Assist with the operationalization and monitoring of models
- Clearly presents model results to and influences peer and stakeholder audiences.
- Participates in the review of models developed by others.
Education/Certifications/or Equivalent combination of education, training, and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, economics, finance, or a similar field
- Master’s degree preferred
0-3 years of relevant technical experience in the following:
- Predictive Modeling and Machine Learning.
- Model-Ops/ML-Ops and Governance
- 3 years’ experience using Python and SQL
- Experience with cloud-based statistical modeling and machine learning platforms a plus
- Alteryx experience preferred
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities:
Ability to collaborate as part of a cross-functional Agile team to:
- Build optimized data pipelines that facilitate the construction and operationalization of statistical and ML models.
- Create, validate, and operationalize statistical and ML models that comprehensively solve business needs.
- Highly skilled in statistical analysis, quantitative analytics, forecasting/predictive analytics, deep learning, simulation, and optimization algorithms
- Process mindset with excellent documentation skills
- Some travel may be required.
- Most work is performed in a temperature-controlled office environment.
- Incumbent may sit for long periods of time at a desk or computer terminal.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Incumbent may use calculators, keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment during normal workday activities.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in the completion of job duties.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. – M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Company Name: United Natural Foods Inc.
Additional Locations: United States of America
Pay Range: $63800.00 – $115600.00 Annually ($30.67 – $55.58 Hourly)