- USA Only
Data Scientist Job
Location: Remote, Remote, US
Primary location: Remote, Remote
Relocation offered: No
Employment status: Full-Time
Travel: 10% Non-compete: No
Location: Work from home position located anywhere inside the continental United States
What does it mean to work at Armstrong?
It means being immersed in a supportive culture that recognizes you as a key player in Armstrong’s future. We are a large company with a local feel, where you will get to know and collaborate with leadership and your colleagues across the company.
By joining us, you’ll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential. Alongside a competitive remuneration package, you will receive:
- A benefits package including: medical, dental, prescription drug, life insurance, 401k match, long-term disability coverage, vacation and sick time, product discount programs and many more.
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests.
- A casual work environment where we have a recognition program for our team, and service awards. You will also be able to make the most of our fitness center and lunchtime cafe.
- A working culture that balances individual achievement with teamwork and collaboration. We draw on each other’s strengths and allow for different work styles to build engagement and satisfaction to deliver results.
As our Data Scientist,you will build AI/ML features into our core platform. E.g., ML-based scoring for lead quality, knowledge graphs of decision-makers, etc. as well as conceptualize, define, and oversee regular updates around key product metrics as the company’s challenges and data evolve. This cutting-edge platform is expected to be a game-changer and will enable long-term strategic advantages for the company.
What you’ll be doing:
- Build AI/ML features into our core platform. E.g., ML-based scoring for lead quality, knowledge graphs of decision-makers, etc.
- Conceptualize, define, and oversee regular updates around key product metrics as the company’s challenges and data evolve.
- Execute descriptive analyses ranging from identifying data sources to integrate into the core platform, defining new AI/ML based product features, and more.
- Cultivate strong collaborations with product, engineering, senior stakeholders.
- Share your technical solutions and product ideas with the Armstrong team through design review, pair programming, code review and tech talk.
What will make you successful:
- BS in Computer Science, Statistics or Applied Mathematics or equivelant years of experience
- 3+ years of experience in an analytical field
- Confidence with analytical tools such as Excel, R, Python, Stata,or Matlab
- Experience in statistical modeling and/or machine learning
- Ability to translate data insights into product decisions
- Enthusiasm for learning new things and going deep into detailed data analysis
- Workflow flexibility and strong teamwork skills
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or related areas
- Experience with distributed systems such as Hadoop/MapReduce, Spark, streaming data processing, cloud architecture
- Familiarity with SQL or other querying language
- Experience with a programming language like Python, Java, C++
- Ability to work with dashboarding and visualization software such as Tableau, D3, Mixpanel, Flurry or Google Analytics
Why should you join Armstrong World Industries?
Armstrong World Industries (AWI) is a leader in the design and manufacture of innovative commercial and residential ceiling, wall and suspension system solutions in the Americas. With approximately $1B in revenue, AWI has about 2,500 employees and a manufacturing network of twelve facilities.
At home, at work, in healthcare facilities, classrooms, stores, or restaurants, we offer interior solutions that help to enhance comfort, save time, improve building efficiency and overall performance, and create beautiful spaces.
For more than 150 years, we have built our business on trust and integrity. It set us apart then, and it sets us apart now, along with our ability to collaborate with and innovate for the people we’re here to serve – our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our employees.
We are committed to developing new and sustainable ceiling solutions, with design and performance possibilities that make a positive difference in spaces where we live, work, learn, heal and play. It’s an exciting, rewarding business to be in, and we’re committed to continue to grow and prosper for the benefit of all of our stakeholders. We hope you join us.
Our Sustainability Ambition
“Bringing our Purpose to Life” – lead a transformation in the design and building of spaces fit for today and tomorrow.
We are committed to:
- Engaging a diverse, purpose-driven workforce ;
- Transforming buildings from structures that shelter into structures that serve and preserve the health and well-being of people and planet;
- Pursuing sustainable, innovative solutions for spaces where we live, work, learn heal and play;
- Being a catalyst for change with all of our stakeholders; and
- Making a positive difference in the environments and communities we impact.
Armstrong is committed to engaging a diverse, purpose-driven workforce. As part of our dedication to diversity, AWI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard for race, sex, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at by email at AWI talent acquisition and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Come and build your future with us and apply today!