Data Platform Engineer - Model Life Cycle
- USA Only
- 0 applicants (0%)
Data Platform Engineer – Model Life Cycle
About the Team
The Algo & Experimentation Frameworks team is a multi talented group of engineers and data scientists responsible for core decision platforms and processes at Stitch Fix. The team consists of two sub focus areas:
- Model Life Cycle – our own ML orchestration frameworks: Kudu & Model Envelope
- Experimentation Platforms and Practice
We effect change through designing, building, and maintaining platforms and processes which enable:
- A high velocity of ML product development and productionalization
- Data informed product decisions at scale
As a member of the team, you will contribute to the evolution of our platforms and help increase innovation velocity at Stitch Fix.
We believe that diverse teams are better than the sum of their parts. We encourage people from all identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply!
About the Role
We’re looking for an experienced Platform Engineer preferably with a background in ML operations to join the Model Life Cycle sub focus area of our team.
As a team member you will spearhead design and implementation of world class ML frameworks underpinning our algorithmic products at Stitch Fix. In this role, you will participate in all phases of software development, from system design through implementation and ongoing support. As a part of this talented team, you will be a collaborator and an owner of foundational frameworks which underpins ML model development and productionalization at Stitch Fix. This role is highly cross functional and you will get opportunities to collaborate with various data science and engineering partners across various areas of the business.
As a team, we work together to prioritize features and directions, but you will be largely self-directed in determining what you work on. This is not a role where your day-to-day is determined by a PM or a ticket – success on the team includes defining problems, brainstorming ideas, implementing innovative solutions, supporting users and owning the process end to end.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will
- Help shape the vision for the ML ecosystem at Stitch Fix.
- Be an owner of highly visible, high-traffic platforms.
- Have the opportunity to work on all aspects of systems, from services to backend data stores to analytics and logging.
- Share the responsibility of directing the team’s investment in impactful directions.
- Contribute to a culture of technical collaboration and scalable, resilient systems.
- Work with bright and kind colleagues who are passionate about their craft.
We’re excited about you because
- Minimum of 5+ years of software engineering experience with expertise in Python required.
- Experience building libraries and/or frameworks
- Familiarity with using and assembling at least one ML tooling ecosystem (e.g. pytorch, tensorflow, jax)
- Experience implementing low latency public APIs (REST architecture, Fast API preferred).
- Knowledge of machine learning concepts.
- Familiarity working with data scientists to understand their needs and translating that understanding into engineering requirements.
- Experience working autonomously and taking ownership of projects.
- A rigorous focus on simple solutions that yield business impact.
- Strong experience building out scalable, distributed, and production systems.
- The ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical business partners alike, and who are interested in building strong cross-functional relationships.
- A desire to question the status quo and promote innovative solutions to challenging problems.
Why you’ll love working at Stitch Fix…
- We are a group of bright, kind people who are motivated by challenge. We value integrity, innovation and trust. You’ll bring these characteristics to life in everything you do at Stitch Fix.
- We cultivate a community of diverse perspectives all voices are heard and valued.
- We are an innovative company and leverage our strengths in fashion and tech to disrupt the future of retail.
- We win as a team, commit to our work, and celebrate grit together because we value strong relationships.
- We boldly create the future while keeping equity and sustainability at the center of all that we do.
- We are the owners of our work and are energized by solving problems through a growth mindset lens. We think broadly and creatively through every situation to create meaningful impact.
- We offer comprehensive compensation packages and inclusive health and wellness benefits.
About Stitch Fix
We’re changing the industry and bringing personal styling to every body. We believe in a service and a workplace where you can show up as your best, most authentic self. The Stitch Fix experience is not merely curated it’s truly personalized to each client we style. We are changing the way people find what they love. We’re disrupting the future of retail with the precision of data science by combining it with human instinct to find pieces that fit our client’s unique style. This novel juxtaposition attracts a highly diverse group of talented people who are both thinkers and doers. This results in a simple, yet powerful offering to our customers and a successful, growing business serving millions of men, women and kids throughout the US and UK. We believe we are only scratching the surface and are looking for incredible people like you to help us boldly create our future.
Compensation and Benefits
Our anticipated compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets, and the range below indicates the low end of the lowest- compensated market to the high end of the highest-compensated market. This position is eligible for new hire and ongoing grants of restricted stock units depending on employee and company performance. In addition, the position is eligible for medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external careers site.
This link leads to the machine readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data.