Data Infrastructure Engineer
- USA Only
- 4 applicants (100%)
Title: Data Infrastructure Engineer
Guru helps teams build and surface the knowledge they need to do their jobs in real-time. With offices in Philadelphia and San Francisco, we are seeking an experienced Data Engineer to be a key player in the Data Infrastructure team to develop and manage the scalable data pipelines in the AWS Cloud environment. The Data Engineer will collaborate with business analytics, data science, and software engineering teams, in building and optimizing an innovative product that our customers love to use every day.
This job is not only about the data; it’s about how you lend your positivity and presence, combined with your skills, to an energized environment and highly collaborative team.
- Building scalable data pipelines to induct data from internal and external data sources into a data lake and data warehouse
- Data modeling and design for AWS Redshift data warehouse
- Aligning overall data architecture with business requirements
- Establishing the principles of data quality management, including metadata, lineage, and business definitions
- Developing monitoring and alerting capabilities to monitor ETL jobs
- Working with multiple stakeholders to support their data infrastructure needs
- Providing technical guidance to team members
- Experience with data engineering concepts and database design
- Experience with AWS cloud services in a production environment: S3, EC2, Glue, DMS, Redshift and Kinesis
- Experience in Infrastructure Engineering and automation
- Advanced working SQL knowledge, including performance tuning of AWS RedShift
- Programming proficiency in Java or Python
Preferred but not required:
- Experience in AWS Cloud systems administration
- Experience working on streaming data applications (Kinesis, Kafka and Pulsar)
- Experience with deployment of immutable infrastructure in AWS using Terraform
- Experience with ETL and analytics tools, such as DBT, Mode, Stitch and Airflow
Benefits to you:
- Competitive salary
- Employee Incentive Stock Option Plan
- Paid Parental, Family & Medical Leave
- Unlimited Vacation
- Professional Development Stipend
- Wellness Stipend
- Home Office Stipend
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Thrive After Five: in recognition of our long-tenured employees, Guru celebrates your five year anniversary with a $10,000 personal travel reimbursement
- Remote perks
- Generous medical benefits package
- Guru-sponsored company & team events, no matter where you work
Guru is a dynamic, fast growing start-up based in Philadelphia and San Francisco. Our mission is to reinvent the way people connect with meaningful information at work. Guru’s knowledge management solution provides customer- facing teams access to expert-verified information where they work and when they need it most. We believe in cultivating a welcoming, inclusive culture that encourages personal growth through working hard and having fun.
Launched in September 2015, our vision is backed by an amazing group of investors including FirstMark Capital, Salesforce, Michael Dell, the Slack Fund, Emergence Capital, Thrive Capital and Accel. As we enter the next exciting stage of expansion, we’re searching for passionate individuals to join our rapidly growing team.
This is a full-time position that can be Remote or based out of our Philadelphia or San Francisco offices. Re-location and/or Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. All are welcome here. At Guru, being inclusive is very important to us. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran status or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.