Data Engineer - Remote
Medal.tv is one of the fastest-growing consumer applications in gaming! Our users capture and share millions of videos every week, and connect with one another around their shared gaming experiences.
We are an international fully remote team, where everyone works autonomously with the expectations that you can be available for team syncs in the same core hours (9:00 am and 12:00 pm PST). The exact times and days vary per team.
As an organization Medal encompasses several different initiatives, like the Medal application itself, Medal trends, the mobile game developer SDK Megacool, the Discordbot directory top.gg, and similar. We're looking for someone who can help us unify and optimize our analytics platform to make it easier to extract actionable intelligence.
The data team at Medal is a new initiative and we thus need you that knows the ins and outs of setting up the necessary cloud infrastructure from scratch and can take initiative for the direction of the project.
- Ideally 2-5 years of experience working with big datasets
- The ability to set up and help run the infrastructure needed to process data
- Experience with SQL or other query languages
- Knows at least one typical backend programming language well
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Proven ability to work proactively and collaborate with colleagues across cross-functional teams
- High degree of analytical and problem-solving skills — not only being good at it, but genuinely enjoying it!
- Java, Python, Terraform and/or Saltstack
- Amplitude or similar business intelligence platforms
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Full Medical for employee and two dependents
- Full Dental and Vision for employee and all dependents
- Paid parental leave: 20 weeks for primary caregiver and 12 weeks for secondary
- Unlimited PTO (4+ weeks standard)
- Team retreats
- A flexible, laid back office environment, everyone works remote!
- All the fun and frolics that come with working at a gaming company
WHAT YOU'LL HAVE TO DO NOW
We hope to hear from you! When you apply, please make sure to include:
- Links to apps you’ve released/portfolio, and a description of your contributions
- Links to any online profiles (Github, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc)
- A description of your professional experience (resume, LinkedIn profile, cover letter, or similar)
As a heads up, our typical recruitment process is:
- Phone screening
- Up to 4 interviews with different team members
- Reference checks
If you made it all the way here, include “” in your note and we will give you a virtual high-five when we talk!