Data Engineer L3
- 15 applicants (18%)
Adblock, Inc. is a small team that serves tens of millions of people worldwide. Our vision is to provide our users with simple, intuitive tools to block distractions, protect their privacy, and put people in control of their internet experience.
Our products—Adblock Plus, AdBlock, and AdBlock VPN—have been downloaded hundreds of millions of times and work in all major web browsers, as well as on macOS, iOS, Windows, and Android devices.
Our team has been fully remote since its inception, and we each work from whatever location works best for us. What unites us is a desire to give users control over their web experience.
We’re rapidly growing our business to empower every individual to take control of their internet experience. To do so, we need to better understand our 140 million users and improve our ability to communicate with them.
As our first Data Engineer, you’ll be instrumental in establishing a reliable data system. You’ll be closely working with our product teams to ensure we’ll be able to collect, store and provide the data we use as a basis for our business decisions.
You’ll lead and establish a systematic approach to how we plan, create, maintain and automate our data infrastructure. Work closely together with our data analyst and product teams to define data requirements, processes and best practices and enable them to report on key business KPIs and operational metrics.
What You'll Achieve:
- You’ll help us establish robust data pipelines that power our KPIs and operational metrics
- You’ll define our data infrastructure and ensure it supports our needs
- You will partner closely with a product, engineering, and marketing at every step of the product development process and help guide product decisions
- You’ll help establish the data analytics function at Adblock, Inc.
What You'll Bring:
- You have a strong background in building out data pipelines (e.g. should know data lakes, data warehouses, ETL, etc.)
- You have meaningful experience with handling data at scale
- You've spent meaningful time on a data team and worked closely with product, engineering, and growth teams
- You’re free to collaborate daily with our teammates in Europe, which means you’re available to work between 3PM and 7PM Central European Time (CEST)
Why You'll Love Adblock, Inc.:
- Competitive Salary: Our salaries are based on Radford data, a widely-used global compensation benchmark, to ensure we provide competitive pay. We don’t adjust your salary based on where you live.
- Comprehensive Benefits: We offer a benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance coverage, 401K matching, 14 weeks of paid parental leave, and more.
- Professional Growth: We give team members the autonomy to do their best work. Because we’re a small team, you’ll be able to immediately see the impact of your work and grow with the team. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- Fully Distributed Community: You’ll be able to work 100% remotely, yet remain well-connected to your colleagues. We meet at least once a year for a week-long offsite.
- Generous Vacation Policy: We encourage our employees to take the time they need for a vacation, to spend time with their families, and to stay healthy by offering at least 28 days of paid leave.
- Office Equipment: We’ll provide you with a setup of your choice, based on what you need to work effectively.
*Currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available in the U.S.
We'd Love to Work With You!
We’re serious about our work but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We want Adblock, Inc. to be a place where people love their work, like their co- workers, and treat everyone with respect and empathy.
We’re a small team and our strength comes from our diversity. We strive to create an inclusive environment where differences in race, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political and religious affiliation, socioeconomic background, cultural background, geographic location, disabilities and abilities, relationship status, veteran status, and age only make us stronger.
If this role sounds exciting to you, please click “Apply for this position” to submit your resume.