at Abine / DeleteMe
Work from anywhere
About Abine / DeleteMe
Abine is a leading online privacy company. Backed by General Catalyst VC and Atlas VC, it was founded in 2010 and is a growing + profitable SaaS privacy business with multiple subscription privacy tools for consumers and corporations. For more info on our products, please check out Blur and DeleteMe for yourself. Growth in online privacy is being driven by consumers tired of their data being used without their consent for political ads, doxxing, and ID theft. Advertising by major brands like Apple’s privacy campaign help spread awareness. Finally, new global regulations like GDPR, LGPD, and CCPA are giving consumers new privacy protections and forcing businesses to think proactively about data privacy.
About The Role
Abine / DeleteMe is looking for a Data Engineer to help us manage and use data to make good decisions about what we build, how we help our customers, and how we grow our company. You will work closely with our engineering and product teams to improve the way we collect, structure, and store data, and with our management, marketing, sales, and service teams to understand what they need to know about the business and get them the data they need to help them make good decisions.
What You'll Do
- Analyze the data we have and the data we create to better understand its value
- Improve our data collection and storage practices to enhance the value of our internal data
- Build pipelines and data flows to ensure our data is available where it is needed when it is needed
- Talk to everyone in our business who needs to make good decisions with our data, and design systems that will get them the data that will help them do so
- Design and implement a strategy and systems for data reporting, querying, and visualization to enable everyone in the business to explore our data, answer their questions, and make good decisions
You don’t need a specific background for this role. We’re looking for someone with strong technical and people skills, with some experience in data engineering, who wants to be a big part of helping a team achieve big things, who believes in privacy as a mission, and can both operate independently and help a team be more than the sum of its parts.
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with database design and implementation
- Experience with appropriate programming languages and technologies
- Experience with data reporting and visualization tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A Bachelor's or more advanced degree is great, but not required
- A Computer Science or other STEM degree is great, but not required
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, HSA, Commuter, Life and Disability Benefits
- Flexible work hours
- Great compensation package (salary, equity)
- Meeting-light culture
The Abine hiring process typically takes 30-60 days from the initial job posting to complete. Our process is designed to get to know you as a person and professional. It is also designed to get a feel for how you might perform in the targeted role along with helping you to get a sense of what it might be like to work with our team. Please note that we may also consider you for other current and future positions we may be hiring for or have available. We aim to communicate where you stand in our hiring process upon the completion of each of our steps.