- 73 applicants (23%)
Who We Are
Sitting at the intersection of social networking and gaming, we empower creativity and connection in a digital world. Our mission is to build deep, rich virtual worlds where everyone belongs.
We have been working towards this mission for a decade. We are the creators of Highrise, the first virtual world on mobile, which has seen extraordinary growth over the last few years and now boasts over 20 million users across iOS and Android. Every day, the citizens of Highrise come together to hangout, explore, create, collect, and trade in our metaverse, and we are on the precipice of making history once again with our expansion into Highrise World.
To build creative worlds where you belong.
About This Role
This is a cross-functional role and you will be reporting to Anton Bernstein, CEO. (Please note that if you reach out to Anton, they may not reply due to the volume of messages received.)
In this role, you will build out marketing and product reports, analyze data, learn and establish data best practices, as well as collaborate with artists to generate high-performing live operations and marketing creatives.
This is an analytical role that requires a passion for data analysis and reporting. You must have strong knowledge of SQL and Python. You will be working collaboratively with various teams including Live Operations, Marketing and Product.
Please note that although we are actively seeking candidates for this position, our hiring team may have a longer response time as we periodically check applications. We appreciate your patience and understanding during our hiring process. We assure you that our recruitment team will carefully review all applications and will contact candidates who meet our qualifications.
The mission of this role is to deliver key reports and interpret data to provide valuable insights into Highrise features and player behavior. This data will help us make decisions around in-game content releases, marketing performance, feature development, and more.
Key Indicators of Success
- You will be the go-to person for data analytics questions from the Live Operations, Marketing, Product and Art teams. You will provide timely and easy-to-understand insights to different stakeholders.
- You will turn raw data into actionable insight and recommendations that will be crucial to Highrise’s features, tools, and overall business success.
- You will leverage tools like Amplitude, Looker, Periscope and more in order to create insightful dashboards for different teams.
What You Will Do
- You will build, design, and maintain reports and dashboards.
- You will work with data and perform deep dive analyses on various topics such as player journeys, live events, user acquisition, etc.
- You will work closely with product and marketing teams to review data and extract storylines & trends aligned to Highrise growth.
- You will identify trends and behaviors that influence performance and player engagement.
What You Can Expect in the First 90 Days
- 30 Days: In the first 30 days, you’ll become familiar with the scope of work of the different teams: product, live operations, marketing, and art. Additionally, you’ll get to know the analytics infrastructure.
- 60 Days: In the first 60 days, you’ll start building dashboards and reporting based on team needs. You will begin working with live operations and marketing to craft questions and answer them with data.
- 90 Days: In the first 90 days, you will take ownership of analytical insight. You will use data proactively and present your findings to the team.
Who You Are
- You have the ability to collect, clean, and analyze data, and turn it into meaningful insights and recommendations.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to explain complex data clearly.
- You have the ambition to own the reporting and analysis functions for the Highrise metaverse.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset.
- A university degree in Computer Science, Math, Economics, Statistics, or other quantitative fields.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in quantitative analysis and a proven track record of significantly impacting product growth by providing data findings.
- Extensive knowledge of relational databases, SQL, Python and working with large datasets.
- Experience with data analytics for mobile apps, gaming products, or e-commerce.
Nice to Have’s
- You are familiar with technologies such as Amplitude, AWS, and Redshift to build and optimize production data pipelines.
- You have an understanding of machine learning and data science.
- Equipment allowance: Choose your own tools for optimal productivity.
- Health coverage: Medical and dental insurance provided.
- Unlimited vacation: Take the time you need to recharge and come back stronger.
- Education stipend: Fuel your passion for learning and growth.
- Monthly fitness allowance : Stay active and healthy with our support.
- Team bonding: Monthly budget for team building and unforgettable team retreats.
- Breakthrough creativity: With a focus on innovation and pushing boundaries, you’ll have the freedom to unleash your creativity and come up with bold, cutting-edge ideas.
- Dynamic work environment: With a fully remote setup and a collaborative culture, you’ll work with an energetic and talented team, making for a dynamic and fulfilling work experience.
- Meaningful impact on millions: Your work will have a significant impact on the lives of millions of people, as you create virtual worlds that offer unique experiences and connections.
- Growth opportunities in a startup: As a part of a growing startup, you’ll have room for personal and professional growth, learning new skills, and potentially taking on leadership roles.
- Pioneering industry at the forefront of innovation: You’ll be part of a thrilling, exciting industry that’s pushing the limits of what’s possible in virtual worlds, working with cutting-edge technology, and being at the forefront of innovation.
- Working with top talent from around the world: You’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with and learn from some of the most talented people in the industry, regardless of where they are in the world.
As a fully remote company, we strive to have an equitable compensation philosophy that allows us to take good care of our people, no matter where they are in the world. At the moment, our philosophy is composed of multiple factors such as market pay, location, performance, and other rewards. Our compensation philosophy is meant to support our organization’s strategic plan and operating objectives as we continue to grow as a company, so will our approach to compensation.
The salary range for this role is $75,000 -$120,000 in US and Canada. Salary will be adjusted based on your location.
What itsReallyLike to Work Here
We’re a team of self-driven individuals from all over the world, united by a common goal of making a real impact on the internet revolution. We take ownership of our work, embrace mistakes as learning opportunities, and find creative solutions to challenges. Our unshakeable belief in ourselves and each other fuels our drive to push ourselves to the limit and achieve our biggest breakthroughs. If you’re looking for an inspiring, driven team, we’re ready to take on the world with you.
Be an Owner
Be a Team Player
Be Player Focused
Enjoy the Journey