- USA Only
- 5 applicants (25%)
Time zones: EST (UTC -5) CST (UTC -6) MST (UTC -7) PST (UTC -8) AKST (UTC -9) HST (UTC -10)
Fleetio is looking to hire a talented Data Analyst with strong technical skills; who understands the power of a well-tuned approach to data management and knows how to leverage data to surface insights to progress company initiatives. While we've been data-driven since the beginning, we're ready to grow our internal data team to level up our data and internal metrics game as we continue to scale.
This is a unique opportunity to help build a new department within a successful company with an amazing culture. Be sure to mention coffee in your application so we know you actually read this.
Fleetio is a modern software platform that helps thousands of organizations around the world manage their vehicles, equipment, and other mobile assets. Transportation technology is a hot market and we’re leading the charge, with raving fans and new customers signing up every day. We raised a $21M Series B in late 2020 and are on an exciting trajectory as a company. You can read more about it here.
More about our team and company:
- Watch our culture videos: https://fleet.io/culture
- Fleetio overview video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlvIbwZT3oU
- More about the Fleetio platform: https://www.fleetio.com/features
- Our careers page: https://www.fleetio.com/careers
What you'll be doing
- Lead development of dashboards and reports for specific business functions such as marketing, sales, finance, product, customer success and engineering. You’ll be assigned to one or more of these business functions and become a subject matter expert in their data and metrics. You’ll also use your own work to coach/advise Fleetio team members on how to create their own dashboards and reports to further self-service analytics.
- Work with the data team to ensure that each company metric has a single source of truth and that data validation is incorporated on a consistent basis.
- Enable and scale self-serve analytics for all Fleetio team members. You'll contribute to dbt models and leverage those models to empower employees to make data-driven decisions with accurate information.
- Collaborate with Fleetio team members to understand data needs and ensure required data is collected, modeled, and available to team members.
- Contribute to governance and enforce standards around our data infrastructure. Document best practices and coach/advise other data analysts, product managers, engineers, etc. on data modeling, SQL query optimization & reusability, etc.
What's in it for you
- Join an incredible team that goes above and beyond daily to make Fleetio a great place to work and leave your mark on our growth story.
- Work remotely (within the United States), or at our awesome HQ in downtown Birmingham, AL. We strive to promote a strong remote working culture and have done so since the beginning (2012).
- We place great emphasis on work/life balance. We have families and hobbies and know you do, too.
The Fleetio Corporate Technology team is part of the greater Fleetio Engineering team. We support and manage the internal tools and systems used by Fleetio employees each day. We’re laser-focused on enabling and empowering the entire company to do their best work each day. Functions of the Corporate Technology team include:
- Data Analytics
- IT Operations
- IT Engineering
- Revenue Systems
- 2+ years experience working in an analytics or data engineering role
- Expert-level SQL skills with experience transforming raw data into clean models, optimizing code, and troubleshooting & improving others' code
- Experience collaborating with multiple business functions and stakeholders to develop metrics and key insights
- Excellent communication and project management skills with a customer service focused mindset
- Strong understanding of ELT, data warehousing, and data modeling concepts (e.g., Star Schema)
- Experience with version control tools such as Github or Gitlab
- Experience with business intelligence solutions (Looker, Tableau, Sisense/Periscope, Metabase)
- Understanding of schemas for popular third-party SaaS applications (e.g., Salesforce, Marketo, Snowplow, Segment)
Considered a plus
- Experience with dbt and dbt Cloud
- Experience with Snowflake, BigQuery, or Redshift
- Experience with ELT tools such as Stitch or Fivetran
- Proficiency with Python
• 100% health/dental coverage (50% coverage for family)
• Vision insurance
• Incentive stock options
• 401(k) match of 4%
• PTO - 4 weeks
• 8 company holidays + 2 floating holidays
• Parental and bonding leave
• Dependent care and medical FSA
• Short and long term disability
• Community service funds
• Professional development funds
• Health and wellness initiatives
• Mac laptop
• Monthly catered lunches
• Fully stocked kitchen with tons of drinks & snacks
• Remote working friendly since 2012