Business Intelligence Data Engineer
- USA Only
- 0 applicants (0%)
Business Intelligence Data Engineer III
Remote, United States
Who is Credible?
We are a marketplace where users can compare personalized, prequalified rates and quotes from multiple lenders and carriers, for student loans, mortgages, personal loans, and insurance.
We’re challenging the status quo by giving power to the consumer. We believe in a world where ethical’, lending’, and insurance’ can coexist, so we set out to build innovative platforms that actually work for customers. Our mission is to help people find the best loan or insurance policy possible.
We believe researching and buying loans or insurance shouldn’t be confusing or complex, so we’ve focused on simplicity. We’ve created the only unbiased loan and insurance buying process out there, which makes finding options straightforward and clear.
About the Role:
Our Business Intelligence team is looking for a BI Data Engineer who is passionate about data, analytics, and business strategy. You will help the team learn more about our business, teach others in the company about analytics, and improve the use of our data. You’ll be an integral part of providing data-driven insights that inform significant company decisions.
- Build data pipelines and python-based ETL tools for getting, processing, and delivering data
- Develop and optimize data models/schemas in our data warehouse that enable performant, intuitive analysis
- Generate end to end reporting solutions (from data ingestion to dashboards)
- Work with business leaders to define key metrics and reporting requirements
- Conduct in-depth data analyses that improves infrastructure and product performance
- Become an expert on all aspects of Credible’s data and analytics infrastructure
- Be the driving force behind the adoption and effective use of our BI tool within every team at Credible
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS in a quantitative field
- 3-5+ years of work experience as a data engineer, or in a highly analytical role
- Experience writing SQL queries and using a BI tool
- Experience with programmatic scripting using Python to develop ETL pipelines and tooling
- Experience using the command line and git
- Strong grasp of statistics and experience conducting rigorous data analyses
- Experience developing models and visualizations in Looker a plus
- Experience at an e-commerce or fintech company a plus
Nice to Have:
- Experience with DBT
- Experience with Airflow
- Experience building applications on AWS. Setting up servers, databases, roles and permissions
- The capacity to juggle multiple priorities effectively within a fast-paced environment is critical
- You’re a highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Anticipate business needs and think with a business owner mindset think critically about analyses, don’t just complete them
- Passion for spreading the value of data throughout the company and communicating insights to a broad audience with varying levels of technical expertise
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $100,800 – $133,200 annually for California, New York City, and Westchester County, NY; $84,000 – $111,000 annually for Colorado and Washington. This role is also eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents.
Why work at Credible?
We combine the intelligence, expertise, and confidence of a financial advisor with the approachability and honesty of a friend. In other words, we’re the friend you always wish you had in finance.
We are optimistic, challengers, trustworthy, clever, and smart. We are open and transparent. We strive to act as advisors by being friendly, objective, and open in our communication. We use language that is intelligent yet approachable. When appropriate, we’ll drop in a bit of wit to position ourselves as a fresh, reliable voice in the financial world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.