Big Data Architect
- USA Only
BIG DATA ARCHITECT
High performing team members. Challenging projects. A stable and profitable company. And a great place to work! This is what you can expect if you join the Catapult Systems team. Founded in 1993 and headquartered in Austin, Texas, Catapult is an award-winning Microsoft National Solution Provider, recently being named a 2020 US Top Microsoft 365 Security Partner, Microsoft Partner Award Winner Azure Dev-Ops as well as Partner of the Year Finalist for Data Analytics.
It is a very exciting time of growth for Catapult Systems, and we are currently hiring a Big Data Architect to provide technical leadership for our expanding team.
What do we attribute our award-winning success to? The people we hire, of course! We provide you the tools and leadership that you need to be successful, enable you to make decisions, and we trust your judgment. This type of ownership and independence, and an ongoing commitment to solving real business problems through the innovative use of Microsoft technologies, has resulted in Catapult being voted one of the best places to work year after year!
What will my role be?
As a Big Data Architect, you will work with customers to identify opportunities and scenarios where big data tools from Microsoft and others can benefit their business. You will deliver short- and long-term projects utilizing strong business, technical and interpersonal skills. Responsibilities include:
- Working with customers to analyze business goals and define technical and functional needs
- Facilitating strategy sessions specific to big data
- Architecting big data solutions utilizing a defined technology stack to create business insights that are targeted, accurate, fast, and reliable
- Supporting the sales process including attending sales calls and, at times, creating demos for customers
- Assist with support and quality oversight of big data projects
- First and foremost, you should enjoy what you do and have a great attitude!
- Ability to engage in customer settings and discern client business needs
- Desire to work in a team environment and ability to work across organization functional boundaries
- Proficient with Microsoft data and analytics technologies including Azure Synapse, Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks, and Power BI
- 5+ years of Sourcing, Star Schema & Relational Data Modeling, ETL, Processing
- Aptitude for data manipulation with Python, Scala, etc.
- Support of large-scale analytical platforms and the modern data warehouse
- Multidimensional and Tabular Cube design, development, performance tuning and troubleshooting
- Ability to implement cloud-based data ingestion (ETL vs ELT) solutions
- Experience with Azure Data Lake, Delta Lake and Lakehouse frameworks and concepts
- Experience with Azure SQL and cloud data solutions, Hadoop (Hortonworks), Apache Stack
- Experience with big data technologies including Azure Cosmos DB, Kubernetes Services, Azure ML, and NoSQL
- Experience with streaming data frameworks like Spark Streaming or Kafka
- Designing automated processing, data validation, error checks, and alerts
- Experience with Data Visualization, Auditing, Data Validation, Data Mining
- Familiarity with Scrum, DevOps, and DataOps
What else would make me stand out?
- Previous consulting experience
- Experience mentoring and leading teams
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 and cloud data solutions
- Spark / Databricks certification or experience
- Microsoft certifications in database and business intelligence technologies
- Experience with data science and machine learning tools and techniques
- Experience with Snowflake
So what are you waiting for?? If you are passionate about being a leader and want to work with smart people that are committed to accomplishing great things, then apply today!
Catapult offers an outstanding benefits package including 401(k) match, paid time off, flex spending accounts, identity theft protection, and medical, dental, and life insurance – just to name a few.