Technical Support Specialist
- USA Only
Technical Support Specialist
- Customer/Technical Support
- United States
Ontario Systems is looking a Technical Support Specialist on our Customer Support team.
Location This position will be remote. Candidate may work where they live anywhere in the United States.
Visa sponsorship or transfer of an existing visa is not available for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship or transfer.
Background Clearance: Candidates selected must successfully pass a business and government background clearance process as a condition of employment. The clearance process will be initiated upon start date.
What You’ll Do
- Learn the applications Ontario Systems develops and sells in order to provide software application solutions to resolve customer business problems
- Identify and verify customer reported problems, troubleshoot, and resolve technical problems, or triage technical problems
- Qualify and direct service inquires to the Professional Services team for paid services or custom programming to meet customer business needs
- Provide excellent customer service
- Provide documentation detailing solutions
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree; 2-4 years of related experience and /or training; experience and degree in computers, business or related fields are required; technical degree is preferred but combination of education or strong technical experience may apply
- Strong customer service orientation and communication
- Analytical troubleshooting & complex problem-solving skills using monitoring tools such as Datadog, Wireshark, AWS Cloudwatch
- Technical aptitude and ability, including knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of database management systems and relational databases highly preferred
- Ability to understand business issues and processes
- A drive to learn new technology
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to go the extra mile to improve customer relationships in a crisis, meet client needs during non-standard hours, and to assist other teams in accomplishing strategic objectives
- Ability to work alternate hours on average once a month and respond to after-hours support requests for a week at a time an average once a month
- Microsoft Product Suite experience
- Experience with our products or experience in debt collections industry a plus
- AWS Certifications preferred
- Experience with SSH, Putty, or other command line connectivity UI
- Experience with RDP, LogMeIn, Securelink, WebEx or other remote desktop applications
Although we have described above what we are generally looking for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that may make you a great fit. We’d hate to miss out! Research has shown that women and other marginalized groups tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they are qualified for roughly 60% of the skills/experience illustrated in the job posting. The point we’re getting at…it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply! We look forward to getting to know you!
We believe our values and You-Powered Culture set us apart. We take them very seriously and they’re at the core of everything we do. Beyond our values, we have some other great perks:
- Best Places to Work award-winning organization since 2015
- Career growth and mentorship opportunities
- You-Powered Culture – We’ll support you in getting what you need, from your first contact during your hiring process throughout your career at Ontario Systems
- Flexible work environment
- Competitive pay and 401(k)
- Health insurance with wellness discounts, medical, dental and vision care
- Well-deserved time off with Paid Time Off program, personal holiday, plus 8 paid holidays
- Paid Volunteer Time Off Program – make a difference in your community
- 24/7 onsite fitness center
- Education assistance program
About Ontario Systems Ontario Systems is a premier provider of enterprise technologies that streamline and accelerate revenue recovery for clients in the healthcare, government, and accounts receivable management (ARM) markets. Through process automation and modern, compliance-minded communication and payment tools, Ontario Systems helps its client partners generate more revenue at reduced cost and fulfill their organizational mission by effectively engaging patients, constituents, and consumers.
With offices in Indiana, Massachusetts, New Mexico, and Washington state as well as employees across the country, Ontario Systems is building on 40 years of success using a distinctly client-centric approach to innovation and service. A recognized brand in the revenue cycle management (RCM) market, Ontario Systems helps 600+ hospital networks—including 5 of the 15 largest systems in the US—optimize cash collections and provide a single, satisfying patient financial experience. Ontario Systems also serves 8 of the 10 largest ARM companies in addition to a number of state and municipal governments across the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action Policy Ontario Systems, LLC, provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.