Customer Support Engineer
- North America
Hiring — Customer Happiness Engineer We’re looking for a great problem solver to help our customers use Memberful. As the Customer Happiness Engineer, you’ll have the chance to make a big impact by providing unexpectedly great technical support to all customers and prospects. You’ll also fix routine bugs and work on high-impact feature requests for top customers.
About you We’re a small team so autonomy, resourcefulness, and a sense of curiosity are necessary qualities for this role. We don't require heavy direction or daily check-ins. This means you'll come up with your own goals and execute them. You'll discover, plan, and see things through from start to finish.
This job is for you if:
- You’re responsible, empathetic, and articulate.
- You’re enthusiastic about life and work on a daily basis.
- You embrace responsibility and new challenges.
- You care deeply about form and function.
- You look for opportunities to improve process.
- You thrive on organization and planning.
- You do what it takes to get things done on time.
- You have experience working remotely and enjoy it, and you value deep work.
- You recognize it's about building a great product, and therefore embrace discussion and criticism of ideas.
- You don't claim to be an expert at everything, but you show a strong desire to learn new things and continually get better.
- You don’t just report the problem, you present a plan for fixing it.
You should be hungry and excited to take on real responsibility and work hard on useful software with real paying customers.
What you’ll work on We believe deeply in providing unexpectedly great technical support to our customers. Our Ruby on Rails application, which runs on Heroku, is used by 100,000+ people. As a primary point of contact with customers on a small team, you'll make a big impact in this area.
Because we’re a small team, your work will be both demanding and multidisciplinary:
- Respond to any technical customer support questions which requires not only being a Memberful expert — but also understanding how Memberful integrates with WordPress and third-party apps like Mailchimp, Discord, and Zapier.
- Fix routine bugs that come up from time to time.
- Plan and ship new features.
- Ensure the service is fast and reliable.
- Communicate customer use cases and pain points to the team.
- Periodically on-call (all engineers rotate based on time zone and availability) for emergencies.
Some of the tools we use: Basecamp, Github, Heroku, Stripe, Librato, Circle CI, Postmark, Papertrail, Slack, Intercom.
Skills, Salary & BenefitsYou should have demonstrated Ruby programming ability and experience with production Rails applications. We’re looking for someone with a strong track record of shipping solid work on a real product. Experience with applications hosted on Heroku is a bonus.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Work remotely from any North American timezone.
- Life-compatible hours. Results-based culture.
- Flexible vacation. Take it when you need it.
- Health insurance if you're in the United States.
How to apply If you think you'd be a good fit, email ch @ memberful.com with [Customer Happiness Engineer] in the subject and tell us why. We strongly favor candidates who put extra effort into their cover letter and application. Let us know why you want this job , not just any job.
We’d also like to see some examples of software code you’ve written. We understand that can be difficult if you're currently working on a commercial project, but please send whatever you can. If we think you're a good fit, we'll be back in touch with next steps.