Customer Service Representative
- USA Only
Customer Service Representative
Dwelo is changing the way people live and work in apartments. We are building a reliable and secure smart device management platform for rental housing. Dwelo’s platform enables apartment residents to live in a smart home and owners and managers to improve the operational efficiency of their properties. Residents in Dwelo communities can control their locks, lights, thermostats, and more from their Dwelo mobile and voice apps, while managers use Dwelo’s web portal to reduce property-wide energy use, streamline access for staff, and limit the risk of leaks and extreme temperature events. Our commitment to customer success has helped us grow more than 6x the last three years, and we have raised $25M to achieve our vision. There are more than 250 Dwelo smart communities going live across the country, from Miami to Seattle, representing hundreds of thousands of devices. What we do is new, what we do is hard, and what we do is fun – and we want you to join us.
Dwelo is a young company, but mature in the experience of the team and the phase of the business. Our team members are experts in their respective crafts, knowledgeable about the space, and expect and encourage each other to achieve great results. We welcome folks from all backgrounds and all walks of life, just like our customers. We share a commitment to ownership, inclusivity, a growth mindset, and proactive communication. We challenge each other, learn from one another, and know when to have fun.
As a Customer Service Representative, you are responsible for resolving customer issues, identifying and reporting broader system issues, and generating knowledge content as new information is discovered.
- Case Management: Oversee 30 to 50 cases a day via OmniChannel and email to ensure timely and accurate responses.
- Phones: Expected to be available in all phone lines for the entirety of your shift, excluding breaks and lunch
- Channel Coverage: Coordinate with your team to ensure our various support channels are appropriately staffed.
- Remote Servicing: Assist Customers in replacing their existing Hubs.
- Knowledge Management: Constantly contribute to the team’s knowledge base by generating new content as knowledge is gained or by improving existing content whenever possible.
- Defects and Problem Management: Collect and summarize general issues as discovered by the Support Team in problem tickets. As patterns and examples are curated, communicate that information to the R&D team in the form of Issues on the Defect Board and R&D Sync meetings.
- Agent Workflow Optimization: Seek opportunities to optimize the agent case management workflow. Identify opportunities for improvement, establish best practices that maximize efficiency, and train agents on optimal workflow.
- Feature Expert: Deeply understand the Dwelo product as well as connected devices and services. Able to troubleshoot features end to end and escalate larger issues to the R&D team with clear, actionable information to improve resolution speed.
- Peer Enabler: Has a team-first mentality when working with other members. Is genuinely interested in delighting our customers and helping others around them do so. Has a strong rapport with members of the DweloCare team.
- Customer Advocate: Aware of the customer pain points with the product and compassionate of frustrations experienced. Passionate about product improvement and issue resolution to improve the overall customer experience.
- Exemplifies the Dwelo Values as reported by peers (see below)
- Experience working with customers directly.
- Technical knowledge and experience working with computers.
- General understanding of the IoT industry and smart devices.
- You are genuinely passionate about delivering a high-quality customer experience.
- Internalizing and improving upon constructive feedback from your peers and manager, as well as creating ideas for general improvement within the department ( Growth Mindset )
- Driving change in your listed Area of Ownership (Ownership)
- Finding a defect or opportunity for improvement in your area of ownership and raising it with the necessary parties (DweloCare Lead, QA, Product, etc) ( Ownership, Inclusion, Bias towards Communication)
- Display a willingness to always be learning and implement any new internal process. Constant learning will be key to better understand all new hardware devices and integrations that are constantly added to our ecosystem. ( Growth Mindset )
- Communicating early and often about feedback for process or other people in a constructive manner ( Bias towards Communication )