Technical Support Specialist
- 44 applicants (20%)
Technical Support Specialist
- Employees can work remotely
Renaissance is a leading provider of assessment technology to primary and secondary schools. Renaissance products promote success amongst students of all ages and abilities through personalised assessment and practice in reading and maths.
Our software helps to enhance literacy and numeracy skills, support differentiated instruction, and personalise learning to optimise student development. Immediate feedback and detailed reporting equip teachers with the information needed to monitor progress and measure growth. In the UK and Ireland, almost 6,000 schools and more than 1.4 million students use Renaissance products. Worldwide, we support over 18 million students, operating in 96 countries.
This job entails assisting internal representatives and customers on Renaissance software issues and working with Engineering to document and address issues. Remote – shift will be 8:30 – 4:30 GMT/BST (2:00PM – 11:00PM GMT/BST during training ).
In this role, you will:
- Exhibit leadership skills and serve as a role model to all support representatives.
- Utilise your in-depth product knowledge and exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Respond to escalated support incidents and high-priority cases from management quickly and accurately.
- Research, test, and log clear and complete defects for issues reported by customers or found internally.
- Interact with Engineering, Product Development, and other teams to assist in bringing unresolved, escalated issues to resolution.
- Three years of experience as a Support representative.
- The ability to get along well with others and collaborate effectively as you work towards a common goal.
- An understanding of software file structure and the ability to analyze and interpret databases.
- A demonstrated ability to learn complex querying software.
- Proficiency with operating systems and devices supported for use with Renaissance software.
We offer a wide range of benefits including:
- 25 days’ annual leave per year
- Extra day off for your birthday
- Company pension scheme, 3% employee and 8% employer
- Private Medical and Dental insurance
- Life assurance up to 4 times of your basic salary
- Income protection scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Up to 2 paid volunteer days per year
In addition to these formal benefits, we also have social events throughout the year. These include our summer party and Christmas drinks.
At Renaissance our mission is: To accelerate learning for all children and adults of all ability levels and ethnic and social backgrounds, worldwide’.
Many of us choose to work at Renaissance because we are driven by this mission. Inherent in a mission that strives to serve all children and adults’ who represent all ability levelsand backgrounds’ is the need to recognise the importance of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) in our culture, in our work, and in our products.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Please note that we can only consider applicants who already hold a full UK work permit.