Technical Support Specialist
- USA Only
Technical Support Specialist
Whether it’s a theater performance, a popular spin class, or your favorite podcaster trying to stream, everyone needs help producing dynamic live video. It’s a complicated and technical process, static webcams no longer cut it, and a proper production crew is an impractical solution.
LiveControl has created a video production studio in the cloud. Our clients install our 4k multi-camera setup into their venue, home, or office, and our team fully produces video entirely in the cloud. Completely live and with just the click of a button, we can make your graduation speech or home cooking show look like a Netflix special, all for a fraction of the cost of a typical production crew.
About The Job
LiveControl enables video production at scale – operating thousands of services across the country remotely. The Tech Support Specialist is on the front line supporting our clients and videographers to make sure our productions go smoothly. You love interacting with people, helping them fix their tech issues, and finding joy in building a process. You will not only be defining how live events should look and feel, but also troubleshooting issues that may arise during a live production and fixing them in real time. We’re in the live production space — with the majority of our events happening on weekends (this role requires working 4-5 days a week with primary hours occurring on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday). This role how quick paths to career growth and trajectory to managing and leading teams.
- Contribute to the success of thousands of LiveControl productions
- Troubleshoot real time customer issues during live broadcasts (from networking to hardware)
- Meet and exceed established client service standards
- Offer real-time, “game-day” support for our remote video operators
- Work cross-functionally to expedite problem resolution and process improvement
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with LiveControl clients
- Research industry trends & apply learnings to role at LiveControl
Experience & Skills
- 2+ years of experience in AV/Production/IT/
- Ability to think strategically, execute methodically, and troubleshoot in real time
- High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Windows/PCs skills
- Team player mentality with the desire to assist the team whenever possible
- Self-starter/ ability to recognize what needs to be done and figure out how to do it
- Challenges excite you and you have a track record of breaking through walls on your way to success
- A desire to learn new technologies, discuss new ideas, and work collaboratively
- Positive attitude!
- Previous experience working with AV equipment (audio engineers- feel free to apply!)
- Previous experience working in Networking/Sysadmin/IT/Computer Science
- Previous experience working with OBS (Open Broadcaster Software), vMix, or other Video Switching/Production software
- You have a passion for live streaming and video
- You love to create training manuals, guides, etc.
Perks & Benefits:
- Fully paid healthcare – including dental, vision, and more
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k) plan provided
- A focus on learning and growth, we offer annual skill development reimbursements
- A fully remote-friendly environment and workflow, work anywhere within the United States
- Home office setup stipend
- Office HQ based two blocks from the beach in Santa Monica
At LiveControl, we’re looking for people with passion, creativity, integrity and trust. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. We’re open to all backgrounds and careers, including those that have taken some extraordinary twists and turns.