Technical Support Specialist
- USA Only
- 2 applicants (6%)
Technical Support Specialist
Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 150 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
Amwell is seeking a motivated and energetic Technical Support Specialist to join the Client Services Customer Support team. In this Customer-facing role, your primary focus will be to deliver world class support and solutions to our Amwell customer base. You will provide guidance and resolution on a wide range of technical product support issues. You will work on technical service requests that our Level 1 support teams have been unable to resolve. You will liaise with our Tier 3, Hosting, Engineering and Customer Success teams when needed to assist with troubleshooting problems for our Customers. The Technical Support Specialist will play a critical role in the success of our relationship with enterprise clients and end users of Amwell’s technology. Strong communication skills, attention to detail, persistent problem-solving and a passion for customer experience are all key attributes for this role.
- Be an advocate for the Customer, relating to each case with empathy and urgency so as to build a lifelong relationship with Amwell
- Create, track and manage incoming support tickets with the utmost sensitivity to the Customer’s experience and needs
- Review, investigate, and attempt to resolve individual support cases related to Amwell Home, Hospital or Converge product lines
- Troubleshoot technical issues and reproduce recurring software and hardware issues for resolution or dev / vendor escalation
- Deliver exceptional experiences by providing timely and effective responses to Customers and internal teams using a variety of communication channels (phone, email, chat, etc.) aligned with the urgency of the case
- Handle time-sensitive situations with a calm and professional demeanor
- Streamline the resolution process by providing thorough and accurate ticket documentation including timelines of events, key findings, and steps taken to reproduce the issue.
- Help drive servicing excellence by providing input to knowledge articles and training materials that increase efficiency and effectiveness of Customer Support
- Support critical incident management efforts by providing case troubleshooting insights and/or Customer information as needed
- Provide input to help track and report recurring product and vendor performance trends, escalating these insights when needed
- Stay informed on new product releases, configuration updates and procedures to ensure we deliver exceptional quality
- Provide rotational On-Call Support after-hours as needed
- Grow to become a subject matter expert in all product workflows, may assist in training newer agents.
- 2-4 years of experience Level 2/ Tier 2 Customer-facing software, application (web and mobile), or SaaS support using all modalities (eg email, phone, chat)
- Maniacal Customer focus with a passion to be part of the telehealth transformation
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills across diverse audiences (internal peer groups, Customers and Clients, third-party vendors, etc.)
- Ability to work independently in fast-paced, interruption-prone environments
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and work through complex problems, utilizing structured problem-solving methodologies (processes, best practices, tools, templates)
- Proficient at performing application log analysis and creating stories, depicting timeline of events and errors
- Proficiency using PC skills and MS Suite products.
- A+ certification and/or graduate of a technical program studying information technology (IT) or related fields or equivalent education preferred
- Bonus points for familiarity/exposure with AWS CloudWatch and/or Elasticsearch (Kibana)
- Bonus points for experience with Atlassian Tool Suite (JIRA, Confluence) and Salesforce
Working at Amwell:
Amwell is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our Core Values include One Team, Customer First, and Deliver Awesome. Customer First and Deliver Awesome are all about our product and services and how we strive to serve. As part of One Team, we operate the Amwell Cares program, which brings needed assistance to our communities, whether that be free healthcare for the underserved or for people affected by natural disasters, support for equality, honoring doctors and nurses, or annual Amwell-matched donations to food banks. Amwell aims to be a force for good for our employees, our clients, and our communities.
Amwell cares deeply about and supports Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. These initiatives are highlighted and reflected within our Three DE&I Pillars – our Workplace, our Workforce and our Community.
Amwell is a “virtual first” workplace, which means you can work from anywhere, coming together physically for ideation, collaboration and client meetings. We enable our employees with the tools, resources and opportunities to do their jobs effectively wherever they are! Amwell has collaboration spaces in Boston, Tysons Corner, Portland, Woodland Hills, and Seattle.
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Paid Parental Leave (Maternity and Paternity leave)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free access to Amwell’s Telehealth Services, SilverCloud and The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic’s second opinion program
- Free Subscription to the Calm App
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance