- 261 applicants (31%)
Remote | Trust & Safety | Full-time | Fully remote
Couchsurfing is a global community of 14 million people located across 200,000+ cities. Our global network connects travelers and locals to find a place to stay, share their home or attend events in 200,000+ cities around the world. We are a small, nimble, and hyper-focused team working remotely across the globe. If you value cultural exchange, collaboration, and learning opportunities, you might be a great fit for our team!
Couchsurfing is currently hiring for several support positions on its Trust & Safety team. As a Support Associate, you will be responsible for providing exceptional customer service and ensuring the safety of our members and the platform. You will be working with a team of dedicated professionals to respond to member inquiries, moderate user-generated content, and help members navigate the platform. Within the support team, there are opportunities to focus on general support, technical support, or trust and safety.
Technical Support Associates will focus on technical support requests, logging and tracking bugs, and troubleshooting issues related to our platform and mobile applications.
Trust & Safety Associates will focus on content moderation, detection, and response to reports of violating behavior, and other policy violations.
All successful candidates will have a strong background in customer service, creative problem-solving, critical thinking, and communication skills. Our team works in shifts to ensure 24/7 coverage of our queues, so we are currently looking for individuals working in various time zones.
- Respond to member inquiries via email and provide exceptional customer service
- Moderate user-generated content to ensure compliance with our community guidelines
- Help members navigate the platform and troubleshoot issues as needed
- Troubleshoot issues related to our platform and mobile applications
- Escalate complex issues to the appropriate teams and follow up with members to ensure resolution
- Document and track support requests and solutions in our ticketing system
- Review and investigate reports of inappropriate behavior, fraud, and other policy violations on the platform
- Communicate with members to resolve disputes and ensure that they are aware of our policies and procedures
- Stay up-to-date on the latest features and updates to our platform and mobile applications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken)
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- 2+ years in an online customer service role, ideally for a technology or SaaS company
- Familiarity with web technologies, mobile devices, and troubleshooting techniques
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a remote team environment
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Familiarity with Google Suite, Slack, Zendesk, Confluence, Jira, or Sift Science
- Experience in content moderation and policy implementation
- Experience working with cross-functional and distributed teams
- Being a Couchsurfing member or familiarity with the Couchsurfing platform