- 79 applicants (25%)
If this role seems interesting, irrespective of your location or identities, please reach out.
Even if you don’t think you meet all of the criteria but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we’re looking for someone excited to join our team. We’d love to hear from you.
Metabase is the easiest way for people to get insights from their data, from tiny startups who get up and running quickly to major corporations with tens of thousands of users. That’s why people love us.
We bring data tools with the elegance and simplicity of consumer products to the crufty world of enterprise business intelligence. We provide an opinionated open source starting point for how companies should measure, analyze and share their data, which is used by tens of thousands of companies.
Metabase is looking for a customer-focused, Success Coordinator to join our growing global team! We are looking for someone who loves data analytics, enjoys helping others, and is excited to work for a startup to help drive our Success Engineering team’s mission to help our customers be successful by guiding them on how to get data from all the various places it lives, transform it into useful shapes, or to convert their questions into actual queries that can be executed.
This is a great opportunity for someone early in their career to work at an exciting startup and learn about data analytics. If you want to take part and have a voice in a truly growing business, believe that BI analytics should be easy to use and set-up, and that self-service analytics should be a real thing and just some marketing jargon that people put on their websites, please apply!
We are the voice for our customers. Our product team reviews our feedback, asks us for advice, and engages with our customers proactively. We have a writer on our team who reviews what questions our customers are asking and improves our documentation, so the next customer doesn’t have to ask. We also work closely with an engineering team focused on critical issues and our escalations, so we don’t have to worry about our customers being impacted by major bugs for a long time.
We’re 100% remote, and our operations are designed that way. People work during the times that work for them. You are not expected to be on at all times, and there are no points for responding quickly to every Slack you receive.
We don’t overpromise our customers. Since we’re open source, our customers can see what we’re doing in our Github repository and our roadmap is publicly available for our customers at all times.
Many companies use the word success to describe jobs that are really sales jobs or account management jobs with quotas. We are not about that. We’re exclusively here to make sure our open source users, our future customers who are currently on trials, and our current paying customers all get the appropriate help they need to be successful.
The Success Coordinator will help our Success Engineering team by:
- Learn about our enterprise customers to come up with the perfect communication plan for each one and scheduling those regular touch points
- Attend or watching a recording of these touch points
- Summarize the meeting, providing any follow ups to our internal teams and the customer
- Share information gathered in the meetings with our product team, to provide critical feedback to shape future versions of Metabase
- Design personalized email communication for our enterprise customers, providing them timely and helpful information so they can use Metabase to its fullest extent.
- Be the librarian of our customer information and keep our CRM base of knowledge updated so anyone can know what is happening with any customer in the company.
**Being a Success Coordinator at Metabase would be a great fit for you if
- Have excellent written and verbal communication
- Have solid organization and project management skills
- Have familiarity with data visualization or data analytics tools (bonus if you have experience using Metabase)
It’s not required, but a plus if you:
- Have experience with open-source products
- Are fluent in multiple languages (this is helpful as our users are world-wide)
We’re a global team (50% outside the US), fully distributed (from Thailand to California), who get things done asynchronously, with plenty of uninterrupted time, supporting each other to do the best work of our careers. We offer flexibility (define your own schedule and work from wherever you want), autonomy, and an environment that fosters growth, learning, and development. We’re relentlessly user-focused and believe in building long-term value, not short-term hacks. And we raised a $30M Series B to take our approach to the next level for years to come.