Senior Director of Customer Insights
- USA Only
- 0 applicants (0%)
Sr. Director of Customer Insights
Want to help us, help others? We’re hiring!
GoFundMe is a global community of over 100 million people with the common purpose of helping one another. Our mission is to help people help each other by making it safe and easy for people to ask for help and support causesfor themselves, each other, and their communities. In 2022, GoFundMe joined together with Classy, a leading nonprofit fundraising software company that enables nonprofits to connect supporters with the causes they care about. Together, GoFundMe and Classy have empowered people and organizations to raise more than $25 billion since 2010. Our vision is to become the most helpful place in the world.
The GoFundMe team is searching for our next Senior Director of Customer Insights who believes in the impact of GoFundMe and is passionate about our mission to help people help others. The successful candidate will lead qualitative and quantitative research to deliver ongoing insights into attitudes and behaviors related to fundraising and donations for our current and future customers in 19 countries across the world. Your job will be to ensure we have a clear understanding of actionable insights of the obstacles and opportunities of using GoFundMe to help people help each other.
- User Research Expert: Responsible for the ongoing development and understanding of user segments and personas that give unique insights into the needs and motivations of the people who use GoFundMe and participate in charitable fundraising and giving.
- User Research Ownership: Lead the vision, strategy, development, and successful execution of new user research initiatives supporting the evolution of our product offering as we aim to better serve our current and future customers.
- Customer Obsessed: Be a passionate advocate for the needs of our customers creating, managing, and donating to people in need through GoFundMe campaigns.
- Clear Customer Messaging: Work closely with our marketing, customer care, and product teams to inform our customer-facing messaging.
- Drive Actionable Insights: Distill a wide variety of insights from the entire fundraising lifecycle – from initial awareness, to fund raiser creation, management, promotion, gathering donations, beneficiary cash withdrawal, and after fundraising re-engagement opportunities.
- Analytics: Help drive our ongoing segmentation and persona insights into our customer data platform so we can accurately identify and better predict customer behavior while people are using the product.
- Collaboration: Work cross-functionally with product, design, marketing, customer support, engineering, data, and other teams to aggregate insights and build out an amazing product.
Communication: Articulate the problem you’re solving, the vision you are going after, write crisp and clear requirements and communicate the challenges and constraints to senior management and team members of all disciplines.
User research expertise: The Ideal candidate will have extensive experience building and leading qualitative and quantitative user research insights on consumer products that serve millions of people.
- Have a proven track record for building actionable insights for product, marketing, design, and our customer operations teams with emphasis on the charitable giving space.
- Have a minimum of 8+ years of user research experience with large scale consumer products.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and partner with cross functional stakeholders in design, product management, engineering, marketing, customer care, and other cross-functional stakeholders.
- Strong communicator with the ability to bring people together to define a common vision and plan for action.
- Ability to work on multiple projects under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent; MBA or technical degree a plus.
Why you’ll love it here…
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is embedded in all processes and programs at GoFundMe. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.