Principal Customer Success Manager
- USA Only
- 1 applicant (4%)
Title: Principal Customer Success Manager (Mountain/Pacific Time)
Location: Remote (USA)
The Principal Customer Success Manager is aligned at the customers’ key stakeholder level, building and fostering strong relationships to help customers accelerate their digital journey. Customer Success Managers are working directly with customers that can vary in their market segment, size, solution complexity and life cycle, depending on the customers needs.
- Build and foster executive-level trusted advisor relationships with the customer’s IT, Engineering and Support organizations.
- Demonstrates hands-on PagerDuty Product knowledge by applying it to the customer’s business priorities.
- Guide a customer on process, people and change management best practices to drive customers adoption of real time operations.
- Proactively identify risks to the customer achieving their stated business goals and work with the sales team to build a risk mitigation plan.
- Produce and execute a comprehensive adoption path of PagerDuty products, showing the current state, target future state with timeline.
- Deliver business value and innovation to a customer’s business by understanding the customers’ opportunity to reduce cost and drive growth.
- When appropriate, recommend additional expert services needed to drive success.
- Proactively communicate technical product changes, degradations, outages, end of life and other relevant updates.
- Represent the voice of the customer to inform our sales process or product roadmap.
- Lead the cross functional post sales team at PagerDuty, delivering a seamless experience on behalf of the customer.
- Prepare and facilitate business review meetings, training sessions, webinars, demos, and other strategic and supportive interactions.
- Predict and forecast risk, renewal and expansion within the customer portfolio.
- Experienced professional with 5-10 years relevant industry expertise.
- Experience building business value ROI models.
- Working knowledge in a SaaS business model.
- Strong knowledge of PagerDuty product and platform features and capabilities is highly desired.
- Strong understanding of IT enterprise architecture, DevOps principles and modern IT monitoring
- Ability to travel to client sites as necessary
- Strong consulting skills and proven results working as a trusted advisor to drive business value for customers.
- Thrive in a collaborative fast pace environment and as a part of a results oriented team.
- Ability to drive effective and influencing conversations at the C-level; facilitation of difficult discussions and adept at handling objections.
- Worked in a DevOps environment or with a company going through a transition to DevOps.
The base salary range for this position is 83,000 – 127,000 USD. This role may also be eligible for bonus, commission, equity, and/or benefits.
Our base salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range, which is subject to change based on primary work location, reflects the minimum and maximum base salary we expect to pay newly hired employees for the position. Within the range, we determine pay for an individual based on a number of factors including market location, job-related knowledge, skills/competencies and experience.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific offerings for this role, as well as the salary range for your primary work location during the hiring process.
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you’re new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
Where we work
PagerDuty currently has offices in Atlanta, Lisbon, London, San Francisco, Sydney, Tokyo, and Toronto, with remote opportunities in those cities and Chile. We offer a hybrid, flexible workplace, while also providing ample opportunities for in-person and virtual connection with your fellow Dutonians.
How we work
Our values are deeply embedded in how we operate and the people we bring on board. You will see our values ingrained in how we support our customers, collaborate with our colleagues, develop our products and foster an inclusive and empathetic work culture.
- Champion the Customer | Put users first to design great products and experiences.
- Run Together | Build strong teams that amplify our impact on users.
- Take the Lead | Disrupt and invent to be the first choice for users.
- Ack + Own | Take ownership and action to deliver more efficiently to users.
- Bring Your Self | Bring your best self to build empathy and trust with users.
What we offer
One way we ensure our employees are inspired to do their best is through a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports them and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- Flexible work arrangements
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave – up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid volunteer time off – 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
- Dutonian Wellness Days & Midyear Wellness Week – scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO and scheduled holidays
HibernationDuty – a week each year when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge